Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server

Discussion stats
aripa
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro camera is giving me this message(There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server) when I try to view live video through my web browser. On my phone using the app it just doesn't connect(show the rotating busy icon) and I am not getting any of the recordings during motion detection. It appears to be recording because I am still getting notifications on my phone when it detects motion. I've tried restarting the base station. I have also tried removing my camera as a device from the base station. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
101 REPLIES 101
mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did this trial firmware get tested, approved and released? 

I just received a notification that there was a new firmware for my base station and I can no longer view live video.

If I try and install the firmware update I get the same behavior as back in April. The firmware fails to install and I have to power cycle the base station to get it to come back online on the prior firmware but live video is still not available as it tells me I need to update the base station.

I'm guessing whatever the fix was that you were testing is either not in this firmware push or the issue is not fixed...

ependi_ependi
Aspirant
Aspirant

on May 20, 2019 I got a pop up from the arlo application to update the camera firmware, and this update is very good, the sound delay and motion are usually 5 seconds to 1-2 seconds, and do not cause disturbing feedback (if the camera and smartphone close together).