Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video recording but got notifications

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Blamb
Initiate
Initiate
This morning everything worked fine. But this afternoon I kept getting notifications that my cameras were being set off but when I went to the library there were no recordings. I even tried a manual recording and still nothing. Any suggestions??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. This issue should be resolved since yesterday (May 21).

See more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage Affecting Notifications and Video Recordings

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
TacoTuesday
Star
Star

There is motion detection happening on both Arlo Pro and Arlo Q cameras and I'm receiving alerts, but the videos are not apearing in the library for any of my cameras.  Is there a system wide issue at the moment?  No videos in web or the app.

DeArlo
Star
Star

Same here, again!  This happened on 5/17 and I'm not thrilled that many of us are seeing this issue again so soon.

You check to see the status here:

https://status.arlo.com/

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware and investigating a potential issue for some customers impacting notifications and video recordings. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

For status updates on this issue, take a look here: https://status.arlo.com/

Cazzy
Initiate
Initiate

My new Arlo VMB3500 base station and cameras are experiencing the same issue of not recording video to the library.  Everything was working fine this morning.  Now they detect motion but are not saving video to the library.

Just wanted you to know the problem is apparently widespread based on what I am reading in the community.

Blamb
Initiate
Initiate
Yeah there appears to be a system wide failure.
daytonagal1
Star
Star

Here we go again.  Just like last Fri.  Getting notifications but no videos.  What’s the point in having them if they don’t work.  

Ramzzel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Getting alerts but no recordings on both my cameras or sometimes i will get 1 of the recordings hours later or till the next day is there a fix for this?
jimbobnw
Initiate
Initiate

Starting to think I made the wrong purchase. This has certainly been frustrating, to say the least.

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Suddenly as of about 2PM Keep getting notifications of Motion but videos not showing up in library. Rebooted device and can see cams fine but no downloads into Library. Sever problem again? Seems like problems more frequent lately. This is not what I paid for.  Anyone else having this issue?

toptech
Star
Star

I can't beileve the same thing is happening again. Thank god i ordered a new Blink XT2. Should be here in a couple of days. This crap with Arlo is about to be over. Hopefully i can sell mine to someone that doesn't know what pieces of junk they are.

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am getting this also. It is not just you. Can someone fix this fast?

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

It really annoys me that I purchased a system dependant on a server that seems of late to be screwing up. This is the second issue in a month that left my cameras vulnerable. Anyone awake at ARLO?

toptech
Star
Star

I love how they say "potential" and "some". It's a DEFINITE problem that is affecting EVERYONE. 

jmhilde
Initiate
Initiate

Second time in four days this has happened. Still not working 10 pm on 5/21/19. C'mon, Arlo!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. This issue should be resolved since yesterday (May 21).

See more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage Affecting Notifications and Video Recordings