Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Oldace
Follower
Follower

I am wondering if a release date is available yet for the ARLO PRO in Australia.

Cheers,

Oldace.

122 REPLIES 122
Matty83
Star
Star

The JB staff member would of been looking at the ARLO Q.

Guys i work at JB HiFi and i will let you know when they are in the system. I checked today and still nothing.

Also once they are in the system i will tell you guys how much they will be and if anyone wants to know how many an individual store is getting than shoot me a line and ill see how many a particular store is getting.

We never get a netgear rep come in at work but if any chance we do ill ask when the Arlo pro will be out.

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Great. Thankyou Matty83. That would be great if you let us know since i think netgear have gone all secret squirrel!
TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those interested.. I finally got a response from Netgear on my question around international warranty. Apparantly it is only valid in the country of purchase.

"....the camera's warranty will be based on where it is purchased. The hardware warranty for US is 1 year from the date of purchase. Also, if we need to replace the product, we can only send a replacement to a US address since it is where it is purchased."

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Based on experience what do you think the availability would be like  at launch?

RuthAndrews
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

just adding my voice to this thread as I am in NZ and anticipating the PRO as well!  Another kind user referred me to this thread so I will be watching for updates as once it hits Australia, NZ surely can't be far behind (although no-one at my usual tech stores knew anything about the new model!)  My house is due to be finished in March/April so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

Ruth

(NZ)

Sargmeov
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news on a date as i nearly went and bought the arlo today but i did some research and found out the arlo pro is coming last comment on this thread was the 8th Jan so hoping there is some good news

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
It sounds like you shouldn't hold your breath. Q1 was the latest JamesC from Netgear wrote. Who knows what that means.... i couldn't wait so bought 3 current ones... bery laggy.... Will add to it with 2 Pros and the siren base station when it eventually does get released...
Sargmeov
Aspirant
Aspirant

So your saying you went and bought the standard arlo system? Why is it laggy i thought the systems were very smooth i was looking at a 4 camera system and adding an additional to make it 5 but if its not smooth then it will be a waste of money

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Yes. 3 camera standard and will add to with 2 Pros. I couldn't wait as i needed something now. I am still trying to find the best positions for the cameras... taking a lot of trial and error. Seems to pick up quickly (ie starts recording with minimal lag, maybe half a second) when something travels close by and across the screen. If it's further away and not travelling across the field of view then it is laggy (ie 3 to 5 seconds by which time it's too late). Perhaps I'll need to try more different aspects and locations to find what works best. When it works it works well. Batteries so far seem to be draining quite slowly but i am only recording may 10 lots of ten seconds per camera... will see how that translates after a couple of months...
Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Also i am currently testing using one camera as a trigger for another... that way i can eliminate lag on the secondary camera as recording on that is triggered by the first. Would be great if there was a Netgear standalone motion detector that could be used to pick up motion before it gets to the field of view of camera.... oh well... i am considering trying to rig something up with an outdoor motion detector from another brand, and link up with IFTTT or Wemo Maker/ IFTTT... anyone thought about or already done that?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The target for Arlo Pro release in Australia is March. Keep posted for additional updates.

2-28-2017 Update: April 12th will be the official Arlo Pro availability date (through JB HiFi and Harvey Norman).

JamesC

ckanair
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really surprised that a product that's already available in the US for almost a year is taking this long to be made available in Australia ..especially when there's already so much of interest and potential demand
Aliciajane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any update on the release date for March?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like April 12th will be the official Arlo Pro availability date (through JB HiFi and Harvey Norman).

JamesC

Aliciajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a reason that a product that has already been released in the US keeps getting pushed back in Australia? I am going away in march and was really counting on this product to keep an eye on things while I am away. I know that Netgear won't care about things like that but it's incredibly frustrating when dates keep getting pushed back and you are relying on something being released especially when it was meant to be last year.
Matty83
Star
Star

Hey guys 

So i checked at work and Jb have the release date for the 1st Of April. But that might be the release date for the company to start orders as no one Australia wide in the company have them on order.

Here are the prices:

1Camera+Base=$499

2+Base=$799

3+Base=$1099

4+Base=$1399

Camera Add on are $349 each

Ill post more once i know anything new

cheers

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Thanks for that Matty83. Wow... expensive. Does anyone know if you can trigger the pro base siren with the original camera or only with the new pro cameras? Hopijg to buy a new pro base with 1 or 2 cameras and still use my original cameras. I guess you can't trigger the siren via IFTTT...
Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
Hey James,
Any update on pro release date in Nz. Will be release date be same as Oz?

Cheers
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

,snip>  Here are the prices:

1Camera+Base=$499

2+Base=$799

3+Base=$1099

4+Base=$1399

Camera Add on are $349 each

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical Aussie premium pricing....    Probably cheaper to buy off ebay. If you can find an Aussie seller you can usually get an ebay discount code like C10AU which is going on now to get 10% off. 

I have original base already and don't need/want siren so I bought a Pro Add-On camera for AU$234 recently.

Just a reminder to be careful on currency exchange as you need to make sure that purchase price PLUS postage comes in at under AU$1000 or you will be whacked the 10% GST when it enters the country.  So may be better to get a fewer camera system and then make separate purchases of add-on cameras - it may work out better.

And of course, that plan only works until June 30 this year. After that, everything regardless of price will have 10% GST added so Hardly Normal can feel loved by government and inflated price gouging can continue in Australia..

Aliciajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
I expected them to be expensive but that's really expensive! I needed cameras before my holiday so bought 2 cameras that work with my wifi via iPhone app, no base needed two way comms for $129 each. Quality is great and has night vision included. Notifies me via email when motion is detected only difference is it has a power cord. I am really thinking about buying more instead of the arlo pro if that's the price they expect us to pay.
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Just wow w/r to those expected Australian prices. They're certainly premium prices and then some (ie >50% above US prices AFTER currency conversion). I've just gone from "really hanging out for the final release" to "OMG, that's outrageous". I'm really cross that I've waited all this time and I could have just bought something of better value or imported ages ago.

If I do end up going arlo pro, the AU price will have to come down a lot or I'll just import, or buy basic AU base station to get AU power plug then import the extra cameras. I really don''t mind paying the GST as it will still be WAY cheaper that local prices.

Common Netgear, get off this Australians have to pay premium prices band wagon.

RuthAndrews
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah I've been waiting for it here in NZ too and I suspect the timeframe and the price will be about the same.  I guess it's time to stop waiting and shop around for something else.  Yikes Smiley Frustrated  

Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah that's too expensive compared to US !!!dont understand the logic behind premium prices for Oz / Nz
fatrouni
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All

I'm new here and wanted to share some valuable information for those looking to buy Arlo Pro in Australia. Like most folks, I was disappointed with the way the Australian release was handled. Furthermore, the RRP mentioned earlier in this topic makes my decision to buy from a US retailer even sweeter. I'm pleased to say that I received my order earlier this week and plan on setting up my system today. This is how I went about it:

• Through the US Arlo website, I found a link to a retailer called smarthome
  • I subscribed to their mailing list to receive 20% off my first order. Yes, that's right, 20%. I quickly unsubscribed after receiving my coupon.
  • I ordered the Arlo Pro security camera kit (base station and three cameras), the Arlo Pro charging station, the Arlo pro silicon skins (pack of three) and two Arlo Pro adjustable camera mounts.
  • They weren't in stock at the time and took about three weeks to arrive. I'm not sure what their stock levels are like at the moment.
  • The easiest payment method was PayPal and there's no international transaction fee when you use this payment method (unlike using a credit card).
  • The company was very easy to deal with. They post direct to Australia, no re-shipping required whatsoever.
  • Because I bought the US version, I also needed a switchmode regulated plugpack (12VDC 1.5A) for the base station and a simple travel adapter for the charging station. I ended up getting these from Jaycar.

Now here's the best part. Not only did I get all this well in advance of the Australian release, but the whole order (with my 20% discount coupon) including currency conversion, shipping and the stuff I bought from Jaycar ended up costing me AU$907.68.

There you have it.

RuthAndrews
Tutor
Tutor

Wow - thank you so much fatrouni.  I've worked out that the unit (2 cameras) will cost me around $800 NZ dollars if I use that site.  I was a bit dubious about having a switchmode etc when buying US plugged products but it seems like you've had no problem with that ?  

Thanks again for the tip.  Certainly has changed my mind a bit - plus I will get it earlier!  Still no word on NZ release date but we can obviously be fairly sure it will be after April and very expensive.... Man Frustrated