Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo charging station

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
AMorse2914
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any idea when the charging station will be release? I had purchased these just a few days ago and spent a lot of money coming to just find out there is no charging station. This is a great product but lacking the release on the charging station is ridiculous! who release recharable batteries but no station? I have to now remove one of my cameras or forced to buy another to charge a battery. what sense does that make? I will continue to use these cameras because I feel they are good quality but Netgear needs to get their act together!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro Charging station availability update: The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic requesting more information on this products release date. I will post an update once I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro Charging station availability update: The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

mjsdas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone have a further more precise update on when netgear is going to have the Arlo Pro Charging Station available?  I am running two Arlo Pro 5 Camera Security Systems and it is a pain in the butt having to use one of the camera to charge the batteries for 10 Arlo Pro cameras.  This problem needs to be fixed by Netgear ASAP and they should offer a discount to existing customers that have been waiting months for this product and been forced to wait so long for it to become available.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for escalating this.  I did see the charging station available from Best Buy and Amazon for about one day.  I was too slow to order one and missed out.  The design of the charging station should not be an big engineering feat so I assume there must be some sort of supplier issues.  When can we expect charging stations production be enough to be available on a more consistent basis?

jlheureux
Initiate
Initiate

We are at the end of March and still no news on the charging station or solar panels? Been waiting since October this is completely UNSAT. I see no urgency from Arlo. So I see no urgency to purchase anymore camera.  They need to update us on what the hold up is and a real release date on these two products. I have 3 out of 6 cameras that need to be recharge now and don't want to take the offline to recharge them. Though I have two spares but will still have to take one camera offline for a period time to recharge the three dead batteries. Since this is not a priority in my life this could leave me vulnerable for a couple days. Good thing I live in a good neighborhood that is not the point. Truly Annoyed!

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC, has Netgear responded to your request an update for the charging station availability issue?  It has been almost two months since you submitted the request.

"I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC"

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Charging station is showing in stock on Amazon and other users have indicated availability through other retailers as well.

See here: Arlo Pro Charging Station – Designed for Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras (VMA4400C)

JamesC

AMorse2914
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ordered mine on amazon. Thanks for the update! Get mine May 12,2017!