Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings not playing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Joseph_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of a sudden my recordings wont playback. They record but when I press play it wont load. I uninstalled and installed the updated version. Still not playing certain recordings.
7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Joseph_L,

What device are you using? Are you experiencing this issue through the web version?

Joseph_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using Arlo pro wireless cameras. I'm having trouble playing back the recordings on my phone app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone are you using? Have you tested on the web version if playback works properly?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you're using an iPhone and iOS 12, there seems to be a video playback issue currently. Try pressing play, then stop, then play, then stop, then play several times, see if it eventually starts playing.

Katwynne
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem on my iPad using IOS 12. Has Arlo contacted Apple? This is a HUGE problem. It makes the cameras worthless if the video can’t be played back.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Katwynne,

Are you running the latest iOS version and Arlo app version for your iPad? What iPad are you using?

Katwynne
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your reply! I tried to find this post to update it but couldn’t. I discovered my iPad had an IOS update ready to be installed that I had not been notified of. The same thing occurred to me and that led me to check my settings. I intalled IOS 12. whatever and the videos started playing.