Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro goes offline with power supply attached.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HMC
Tutor
Tutor

I am tired to change batteries again and again so, I decided to plug the wall charger which came with camera in the box at all times. I used an original charging cable and a wall charger for this. Once I connected, the camera went offline but it came back normal if I disconnect the cable or unplug the wall charger from the power outlet. 

Does anyone have this kind of problem? 

- Camera is working greatly in battery mode.

- Camera goes offline while charging with original cable and charger. 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mentioned using the original cable but then "a charger". If it's not the original charger or a quality one with the same specs, all bets can be off. It's also possible that the charger is the problem. If so, open a case with support here for a replacement.

HMC
Tutor
Tutor
I am using original charger which came with the Arlo pro camera as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try another charger that has both 5v at 2A as well a 9v at 1.5A that's Qualcomm QuickCharge certified such as from a recent Samsung phone. Also, open a case with support here since it would seem to be a hardware problem.

Neil_brandon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same problem. As soon as I plug my camera into the provided cable and wall adapter I receive "Your camera is offline and cannot be streamed." My camera is less than a foot from the base station and my modem/router. I have tried several times to use netgear's "chat" function to no avail. At this point im paying $30/month for CVR that I cant even use. Netgear should really solve this

Neil_brandon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted my base with the cameras plugged in and it resolved the issue

patthronson
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 year old Arlo Pro H8  Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228

Almost the same problem here but my indoor Arlo pro camera stays on-line for maybe a week plugged into the wall charger before it goes off line. I have to pull the battery for a few seconds then re-sync the camera to the base. This has happened twice in the last couple months while under constant power. After the connection is completed the power indicates 100% and does not lose any custom settings except turns “Battery Fully Charged Indicator” back on.

I am trying the advice from jguerdat of swapping the original charger with another one and hope it stays on-line longer than a week as I am on the road for long periods of time. My other 2 (1 outdoor, 1 inside my garage) plugged-in pros work great as my other 2 wireless which are too far away from power.

Charlie902
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue with my plugged camera it went offline after the first week. Did you manage to fix your issues? Thanks
HMC
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everythings at the time and decided it was simply defective hardware.

I called in Netgear for the replacement and the new camera is working great in same condition.

patthronson
Aspirant
Aspirant

All I did was swap out the supplied arlo pro wall charger (everything else was not changed) with another one of the 5 supplied with my 5 camera system and so far all is good; If the camera goes off-line I will report back to this message thread.

Thanks jguerdat for the tip

Pat Thronson