Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HMC
Tutor
Tutor

I am tired to change batteries again and again so, I decided to plug the wall charger which came with camera in the box at all times. I used an original charging cable and a wall charger for this. Once I connected, the camera went offline but it came back normal if I disconnect the cable or unplug the wall charger from the power outlet. 

Does anyone have this kind of problem? 

- Camera is working greatly in battery mode.

- Camera goes offline while charging with original cable and charger. 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mentioned using the original cable but then "a charger". If it's not the original charger or a quality one with the same specs, all bets can be off. It's also possible that the charger is the problem. If so, open a case with support here for a replacement.

HMC
Tutor
Tutor
I am using original charger which came with the Arlo pro camera as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try another charger that has both 5v at 2A as well a 9v at 1.5A that's Qualcomm QuickCharge certified such as from a recent Samsung phone. Also, open a case with support here since it would seem to be a hardware problem.

Neil_brandon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same problem. As soon as I plug my camera into the provided cable and wall adapter I receive "Your camera is offline and cannot be streamed." My camera is less than a foot from the base station and my modem/router. I have tried several times to use netgear's "chat" function to no avail. At this point im paying $30/month for CVR that I cant even use. Netgear should really solve this

Neil_brandon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted my base with the cameras plugged in and it resolved the issue

patthronson
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 year old Arlo Pro H8  Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228

Almost the same problem here but my indoor Arlo pro camera stays on-line for maybe a week plugged into the wall charger before it goes off line. I have to pull the battery for a few seconds then re-sync the camera to the base. This has happened twice in the last couple months while under constant power. After the connection is completed the power indicates 100% and does not lose any custom settings except turns “Battery Fully Charged Indicator” back on.

I am trying the advice from jguerdat of swapping the original charger with another one and hope it stays on-line longer than a week as I am on the road for long periods of time. My other 2 (1 outdoor, 1 inside my garage) plugged-in pros work great as my other 2 wireless which are too far away from power.

Charlie902
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue with my plugged camera it went offline after the first week. Did you manage to fix your issues? Thanks
HMC
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everythings at the time and decided it was simply defective hardware.

I called in Netgear for the replacement and the new camera is working great in same condition.

patthronson
Aspirant
Aspirant

All I did was swap out the supplied arlo pro wall charger (everything else was not changed) with another one of the 5 supplied with my 5 camera system and so far all is good; If the camera goes off-line I will report back to this message thread.

Thanks jguerdat for the tip

Pat Thronson