Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro camera will not work after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

After recharging one of my eight Arlo Pro/2 cameras and updating the firmware, I am left with a brick.

The camera is entirely unresponsive. I have tried to remove it from my base station and it cannot be added back on. If I plug the supplied charger in, I get a constant blue light for a second or two. Then I get an amber light which flashes twice, and then repeats every so often.

The Sync button on the camera has no response whether I use the battery or not. The camera has bricked. Very unhappy.

36 REPLIES 36
Jarhead82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

I am appalled at how difficult it is to contact ARLO I have tried logging a case several times and also to contact the call centre to get mesages your closed despite being during business hours or today when I got just put through to sit on hold for 20 minutes before giving up.
I updated your cameras as per the app's instructions for the latest firmware and how they are bricked which clearly is a common fault evident from the multiple forum posts here and on multiple other websites.
These cameras are now useless, cannot charge despite using original charger plug and lead.
I work for a Australia's largest non food goods retailer who stock your products and if we were this difficult to contact both via phone and internet to address an issue then I doubt we would have many customers.

Please contact me within 48 hours or I will need to lodge a complaint with the ACCC.

FYI I have tried 6 times to lodge a case and get an error on every occasion and I have screen shots of this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jarhead82

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42417471

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Simba-2020

Your SmartHub appears to be offline, please power on your SmartHub and check for the latest Firmware version in the Arlo App under Settings > My Devices > Select your Camera > Device Info > Firmware.

Jarhead82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne all resolved thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jarhead82

Glad to hear, you're welcome!

ArloChallenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

59U17B7VD34F0 is the serial number on my remaining camera. This was part of a 2 camera package with a base station. Not sure what model I have. I believe it is a Arlo pro or pro2. Would have been nice if these models were easier to distinguish. I am having the same issue of a brick/non - working camera. I was prompted that my camera was offline, I followed Arlo's trouble shooting steps, removed the camera and when I went to re-add the camera it is totally unresponsive. I get no light and the camera can not be re-added. this is a security concern for us as we were told by the police to install this camera. I need to have it working. I have the original charging cable and have no issues at the base station or the other camera.  Can someone at Arlo help me without the nightmare others have described? Thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloChallenged

I have a few questions for you. Have you try using a different battery in the camera? When you insert the battery does a blue LED illuminate?

ArloChallenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I took the battery out of this non working camera and placed it in my 2nd camera and it works and shows 65% power.  The battery taken out of the 2nd working camera had approx 100% power as it was just re-charged and does not work in the non working camera. I also tried removing the battery and reinstalling 5 times in the non-working camera with no success. So I am still needing further assistance. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What happens when you plug in the power cable/adapter that came with the camera?

Thanks

ArloChallenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing happens. No lights at all. I have had the charging cable on this camera since last night (14+ hours). Currently the camera is still dead even after I placed the fully charged battery from the working camera in it. I have tried to get it to work  with the charging cable and also un-attaching the cable and still nothing. I don't believe the charging cable is the problem as I re-charged the battery in working camera with it yesterday.  

ArloChallenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do still need help. Should I be in the community or somewhere else. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloChallenged wrote:

I do still need help. Should I be in the community or somewhere else. 

I suggest contacting support (via the link at the top right of the forum page).

Though it is possible that the only option is to replace the camera.