Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

After recharging one of my eight Arlo Pro/2 cameras and updating the firmware, I am left with a brick.

The camera is entirely unresponsive. I have tried to remove it from my base station and it cannot be added back on. If I plug the supplied charger in, I get a constant blue light for a second or two. Then I get an amber light which flashes twice, and then repeats every so often.

The Sync button on the camera has no response whether I use the battery or not. The camera has bricked. Very unhappy.

36 REPLIES 36
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what warranties are for. Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes you'd think so. I opened a case several days ago and I haven't had a response. So I'm left with no choice but to seek advice here to try ang get up and running again, even though I see other people have had the same issue but also with no answers. I will continue to wait to hear from Arlo...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't wait - keep using the support system to get a response. No idea why it's so painful but keeping going on your end would be the best solution.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @jcrain

May I ask for your case number you have open with support?

jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sure, it's 41962633.

I received a response but the suggestions from Arlo are things that I've already tried, to no avail. The Sync button does not do anything anymore so I can't put the camera into "discover" mode. Nothing changes with power/no power, next to base/away from base, battery/no battery etc. I've tried all the combinations, nothing's happening.

THanks

jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know why someone changed the name of this thread. I thought "Bricked!" summed it up quite well.

To the person who did change the name of this thread, it's wrong. The camera didn't brick after a base station firmware update. It changed after the camera firmware was updated.

Lastly, the one representative from Arlo who contacted me has left, and after explaining the situation again to the new person, I'm still waiting on a reply. So no solutions yet.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jcrain

I have escalated your case & your escalations number is 41984258. Someone from the support team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you

danielz99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem too ! I just bought the modelVMS4330P not long ago and updated the Station firmware and boom ! camera not snycing and I tried to restart everything and even forget the base station and I can't connect it back HELP !

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @danielz99

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

MovingForward
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem with all 5 of my cameras after the firmware update in Sept. My cameras have been pretty much useless since. If I haven't passed the 90 days return policy at Costco I would have return the product.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MovingForward

Can you please provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

jj77536
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to chat with support four times and they keep closing the chat box. I have five cameras and four have stopped working since the firmware update. The only camera that still works is different in the hardware number. It is a H4 while all the others are H3 (not sure if that is an why one still works). Regardless I need a fix or someway to reverse the firmware update so the cameras are usable. Failing that I will post what has happened on Best Buy and Amazon and find a camera system that works. If anyone has found a fix please let me know. Thanks..

jj77536
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Arlo Support! All the cameras are up and working!

Bryanweinstein
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jj77536 what did they tell you to correct the issue?

jj77536
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really not sure.. support told me that all cameras were visable, I logged in and everything was working...
Jarhead82
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue did firmware upgrade now all three cameras will not charge despite having original charger cord and plug. I tried calling the Australian support number and call centre not active. Logged a case online heard nothing. I am out of the statutory warranty period however as this is caused from the firmware upgrade this should still be covered. JB HIFI said to log with ACCC which is what I will be doing.
jcrain
Apprentice
Apprentice

Push Arlo hard. At first, they wanted me to pay for a new camera which I refused to do, because the camera bricked after *their* firmware upgrade. Eventually, they agreed to a free replacement camera, which arrived even before I had a chance to return the bricked one. So in the end, it worked out, but it took a few calls and a lot of repeating myself to numerous Arlo reps.

Bryanweinstein
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks jcrain, I’m not sure I have the time and patience for them anymore. I picked up a couple of Wyze cams and they work so much better. Yea, they wired, but very inexpensive.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jarhead82

Are you still experiencing an issue with your cameras not charging when plugged in?

Are you using the original charging cable/adapter that came with your device(s)?

Jarhead82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all three cameras do not charge since firmware upgrade and I am using original lead and charger plug. It seems a common issue. So does the lack of help from nether and difficulty getting in contact. I have had no response from logging an issue online so will contact the ACCC to lodge a complaint.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jarhead82

Do you happen to have your case number so I can review it?

Thank you

Bryanweinstein
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t have a case. This happened a few months ago after a firmware update and my arlo just stopped working. I tried to reset it several times and it won’t work. The only thing it can do is charge the battery.
Simba-2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not update camera firmware 4030. Can somebody help please