Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Password / Touch ID

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I use Arlo Pros, which are superb, but my question is about the password. My wife, unlike me is on Android, and she needs to change her password but also she continually gets a message “Token has expired” on her Samsung meaning that she must type the password in rather than being able to use Touch ID. So my question is two-fold. Firstly how does one change their password and secondly how does one use Touch ID and avoid the token issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Happened to me. Force stop app, clear cache and data, uninstall on phone, reinstall from play store, and it will ask to log in and then the option to register the fingerprint for the app. For some reason the Android update on the app seemed to trigger the token expiration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She should be able to change her password in Settings, Profile but I don't see why that would be needed. I use the fingerprint login all the time on two different Android devices. There are the stray times that something burps nd I need to enter my password but not often. Has she force closed the app and tried again? How abot reinstalling the app and rebooting the phone?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Happened to me. Force stop app, clear cache and data, uninstall on phone, reinstall from play store, and it will ask to log in and then the option to register the fingerprint for the app. For some reason the Android update on the app seemed to trigger the token expiration.