Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lots of issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JPSTEVE
Follower
Follower
I didn’t think I would have this many issues when setting this up today. Here are the issues I’m dealing with.

1. I upgraded to arlo smart premier and thought I’d have options to a) call e911 b) call a friend. When I set off the alarm, I instead get a very delayed notification. How do I enable the call buttons??

2. My activity zones are not loading the most current camera shot. It’s loading an image from 4 hours ago. How do you make it so it’s the current camera shot and not one from 4 hours ago? There isn’t a simple refresh button after you move the camera?

3. Why can’t it detect me outside through glass window when you can see me very clearly through the window? Does it not pick up through a glass window?

I have managed to spend 6 hours trying to figure this thing out and thought it would be the simplest task on my to do list. Guess not
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Not sure I can help so I'll let someone else chime in.

2) Try tapping on the existing snapshot to see if it will refresh. If not, use the Invert selection twice - that should refresh it. Use of a browser will allow you to see and use  the snapshot icon.

3) There's no PIR sensor that will work through glass since the glass blocks the IR needed for the sensor.