Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

My Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera won’t sync with the base station; what do I do?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mikelsmith60
Initiate
Initiate

I have just recently purchased the four camera system with base station. I have repeatedly tried to sync the different cameras to the base station, and each time, each camera consistently fails to sync. At ll times the cameras have been within a foot of the base station but I have no success. I have read other posts and have reset the base unit, inc,using disconnecting from the router and complete rebooting the unit and connecting to the Arlo App. I am no slowly losing the will to live with these units and am considering returning them to Amazon which is a pity as I really like the concept but on the evidence today they are disappointing. Can anyone offer any advise as to rectify the failings? Many thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First, a power cycle is not a reset. A reset, which you should probably do, is performed by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.
vittal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. The base station is powered and connected to the internet but the syn button won't work. The base station is a couple of feet (1 meter) away from my router, the camera are within a couple of feet. I've tried the factory reset and still nothing works. Hoping for a solution fast otherwise I'll return it to the store...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us what you're doing and seeing in detail.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

mikelsmith60
Initiate
Initiate
I thank everyone for their contribution but I have eliminated the problem. I have returned the product to Amazon and await a refund. If something that costs in excess of £800 does not work straight out the box it is not worth the time money or effort
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, issues seem to usually resolve to two causes - 1) faulty hardware and/or 2) user error. These systems do work right out of the box in most cases but there's always the possibility that something/one is causing the problem that can't be readily explained over the Internet since we're not there to experience it.

Sorry that you had issues.