Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
bigpappy
Aspirant
Aspirant

On one of my Arlo Pro camera's, after I view a live feed, I immediatley get motion detection alerts for that camera that happen every 2 minutes until I disarm the system.  I can arm it back up again with no issues but as soon as I pull up a live feed of that camera, the false alerts begin again.  They are all recorded to my library.  I have to delete all the recordings and emails and put up with all the push notifications until I can disarm the system.  Has anyone had a similar experience or know what might fix this issue?  I have moved the camera and played with the motion sensitivity but think this problem may be more complex than that.  Any idea's would be welcome.  Thanks.

46 REPLIES 46
Elessar18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also have asked Amazon to return/replace... and am seeing a Wed Ship date (3/1). Hope this will correct the false alarms issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Quote:

jguerdat, what cameras did you receive that fixed your problem?

Mine were H7s and were replaced with H7s
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Received a new camera from netgear today and it too is defective. Dropping off line, records after live viewing at night, Shows bad signal where other cameras show full signal, took over an hour to sync, had to remove battery many times to get it to sync. Returned it and kept old one since it has less problems. Now I'm out $30 shipping that I paid for a defective camera. They have not fixed the camera problems. I also got a firmware update on old camera that seemed to make the "recording motion after live view" happen less frequently.  Don't know if this will last or if it is just coincidence and will be worse tomorrow. Doesn't netgear test these expensive cameras before shipping them to people? May return system to BB. Too expensive to have these problems and not work properly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harley239,

A new Arlo Pro camera firmware was recently release that may address some of the issues you are describing. Be sure you have firmware version 1.090.0.1_11011 installed on your Arlo Pro camera.

This firmware does not address the issue with false recordings while Night Vision is enabled. This issue is still under investigation by the engineering team.

JamesC

nishjain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also facing the same issue with one of my camera out of 4. The firmware is updated to the latest release as mentioned. As soon as I stop the live view, the camera just keeps on detecting the motion and recording the video. This is getting worse day by day on this particular camera. Other 3 cameras work fine. What can be a solution to this?

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

"This firmware does not address the issue with false recordings while Night Vision is enabled. This issue is still under investigation by the engineering team." James C

This is why they sent me a new camera, to address the night vision issue. Case #28092923...I should not have been sent a replacement camera if the known issue hasn't been resolved yet. 

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

I

nishjain Aspirant
Aspirant
nishjain
Re: Motion Detection False Alarms After Live Feed
Options
‎2017-03-01 11:14 AM

I am also facing the same issue with one of my camera out of 4. The firmware is updated to the latest release as mentioned. As soon as I stop the live view, the camera just keeps on detecting the motion and recording the video. This is getting worse day by day on this particular camera. Other 3 cameras work fine. What can be a solution to this?
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 30 of 32 (7 Views)
Add Tag...
0 Kudos

I thought the solution was to get a replacement, but as you can see, there is no replacement yet. Open a case and request that it not be closed until there is a replacement. If you decide to try a replacement now, use the free shipping option. At least you won't be out any money if you have to send it back. And just a reminder, the replacement I received was having lots of other issues along with the live viewing/recording issue. 

nishjain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks harley239, I have created a case and will follow-up with the support after trying out the troubleshooting steps, they have recommended. The support person has instructed to remove the device and sync it again with the base station. So will try that out today and will send the response back.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your welcome. Also, when I tried to remove and add the device again, it did seem to fix the problem for a few hours or so. Don't be fooled into closing the case. Wait until you are sure. They will try to close the case the second you state that it is working. Tell them you want to wait a few days to make sure it continues to work.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
i havent got a new firmware 1.090.0.1_9945 i check device info say no new firmware
jrangel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get the same message. No firmware update available.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you get the update overnight?  You might try power cycling the base to see if that helps.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

@harley239

I also have this same problem with 2 of my 5 cameras.  Tried everything and going to open a case today.

WHERE exactly do you open a "support case"?  

Is it at my.netgear.com and under "Activate Support Card"?

I am having a difficult time finding the location to start the support ticket.  THANKS.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks. Placed a support ticket and will report back what happens.

Elessar18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a data point: the replacement Arlo Pro camera I received on March 1, 2017, and swapped with my faulty camera giving the false motiion detection post-live feed, has been working fine. The Night Vision mode is ON and after 3 full days of operation, I can successfully go 'live' then back to operational ... with no immediate, multiple false motion alerts following.  I do have the latest firmware that was pushed on Saturday, 3/4, upon synching with my Base Station prior to installation.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

@Elessar18

That is great that your replacement works.

I am currently going back and forth right now with customer service technicion and re-testing my 2 cameras that have this problem, .as they want me to do further tesing prior to swapping them.   Every test that they are making me try still does not correct the problem.  Will report back.

Elessar18
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today, Thursday 3/9, my replacement camera received on 3/1 is working well. Solve this problem for me (knock on wood).

Will report if I start getting this kind of false motion alerts again; but so far, for the past week... problem solved!

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

@Elessar18

I FINALLY got RMA #'s for both of my cameras to get swapped.

When you shipped back your defective Arlo Pro Camera, did you ship back your batteries as well?  I'm assuming yes, but just wanted to make sure.  thanks

Materhead
Star
Star

Instructions came with my RMA's that stated to send only the camera and nothing else.  Take out the batteries, keep the charging cords, mounts etc.

nishjain
Aspirant
Aspirant

The replacement camera has been working so far and did not produce the same issue. It's been two days now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will update if I see the issue again with the replacement. The hardware version of the replacement is H8.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

How long did people's replacements typically take to arrive once the cameras got to Netgear?

I am leaving for spring break in a couple weeks, and don't want the package laying on my front doorstep for a week.