Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alo Pro Battery level causing loss of connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Okay, here's another weird Arlo battery problem/question. I puchased my 3rd camera a few months ago and when the battery was at about the 40% level the camera went off line and I had to re-sync the entire camera again in order for it to work. I also recharged the battery at the same time.

Here we are almost 2 months later and the same exact thing has happened at the 40% (or so) battery level. I'm not sure if these batteries go from 40% to 0% by accident or if this 40% level triggers the camera going off line but it's certainly a pain in the butt to deal with.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or way of fixing it? Having to recharge the battery at 40% all the time sort of defeats the purpose of having this camera.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not normal,try and swap batteries with another camera to see if the problem follows the battery or camera

If the other battery does the same in the camera,  contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, I was thinking of doing just that. Now it's just a matter of running the battery down to check it.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I noticed something similar on one of my cameras also.  My sideyard camera was put in service in 11/2/16.  it had approx 38% last week, then we got cold weather (well, cold in texas. around 34 F that night) and the next morning that camera was offline.  I was puzzled because I felt it shouldn't have eaten up 38% over night, even with a slight cold.  I went out to it, opened it, removed battery, closed it, and it came back up.  The battery % this time showed at only 10% so I went ahead and brought it in to charge it.  I've swapped its battery with another unit (I have 5) and I'm watching to see if the issue occurs again.  Very odd.