Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Login fail on app using iPhone 11 pro

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jcaguon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to login ; deleted app and reinstall not able to work .
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jcaguon

I have a few questions for you. 

1. Which version of the Arlo app are you using?
  2. Which version of ios is your iphone running?
jcaguon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use ios13 and I downloaded the Arlo lifestyle. The version of Arlo is VMS 4230 , Arlo Pro. It was working well for the past 8 months since I used my new cellphone iPhone 11 Pro. Then last Sunday I get locked out. Puzzling .
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you a granted access user, or the admin?

jcaguon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes , I am a access user.
My son purchased this product in 2018.
schreibersandro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you happen to get anywhere with this issue?  I'm pretty sure I'm having the same issue as you.  Iphone 8 and Arlo Pro setup.  The app just crashes as soon as you try to open it.  I have removed and re-installed it several times now and rebooted the iphone, as well.  Customer support seems to be non-existent unless you have a plan.  Very disappointed with them right now.  I will never purchase another Arlo product if this doesn't get resolved or I am able to contact or get support from anyone at Arlo.  Now I'm wasting my Friday morning trying to contact them anyway I can and searching forums like this.  Let me know if you got anything figured out with it, appreciate any feedback.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I was able to login on a iphone 11 pro max as a granted access user. I am not able to replicate this issue. Is it possible you have been removed by accident as a granted access user?

What is the error/denial message you receive? Do you have a screenshot of this?

schreibersandro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny you ask because Arlo's tech support wanted screen shots, too.  A screen shot would be of my homepage as the app doesn't open at all.  It flashes and minimizes as soon as I open it or try to switch to it.  I was able to sign out and sign in on both my desktop and my amazon fire with no problems.  So it's being escalated with them after I spent an hour on a chat with them trying the same thing over and over.