Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view freezes iPhone XS Max on Arlo app 2.6.2

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
AllanKittel
Initiate
Initiate

We are both running the same IOS version - 12.1  and both have the latest Arlo app

haly98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the iPhone XS max, IOS software 12.1. I recently updated my Arlo app to the 2.6.2 version and now I cannot view anything Live through my cameras. It's very frustrating. Has anyone has this problem? How did you resolve it?
Thank you in advance!
haly98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue as well. It's VERY frustrating! I tried the Chat suppport and it doesn't work and proceeded to call the help number. It also didn't resolve anything except I was told "this is common right now and will be reported". I mean., what the hell?!! It's now useless that I can't view anything live!
cledawg1
Guide
Guide

Yes, absolutely.  We'll see how long it takes them to fix or roll back until they figure it out.

cledawg1
Guide
Guide

Runnning the same, iOS 12.1 and Arlo Version 2.6.2 with Firmware 1.12.0.0_27099

Gcportland
Tutor
Tutor
iOS public beta update 12.1.1 fixed the freezing issue for me. Thanks for the fix
Battman
Tutor
Tutor
Silence from Netgear regarding this issue is typical of a large company who outsources customer service to a third party. Companies who care about their brand and actually value consumer satisfaction will always have someone in-house to address elevated issues publicly and immediately. Even if there is no immediate resolution it is critical to let people know the issue is acknowledged and being prioritized. This is a classic example of how “not to do it.”
OMSA83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running iOS12.1 on iPhone Xs max and having the same issue. The system has always been Okay, but now it is horrible. I was really excited to buy their doorbell and add an aditional camera, but ended up with Ring 2 because of this issue. We need a fix ASAP.

DaisyNay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. It actually completely locks up my phone and forces it to restart. My baby monitor is currently useless.
Katolimarabelle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes mine is doing the same thing it is freezing and shutting my whole phone down I have the same phone as you..
it’s been since the latest update
MikeSlater
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same - XS max freezes. And Arlo is my baby cam. So this is bad for the family...
Ob1conoli
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact issue here. iPhone XS Max.
Chrischavez74
Guide
Guide

Yes same here with the update using iphone xmax. This is so inconvenient i cannot see my business or home during this holiday weekend. Arlo please never send an update during a holiday & get this issue fixed ASAP this is unacceptable. 

hera87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just don’t understand why they shipped a new version of the app without testing on all iOS devices!! What good is this camera system if you can see the live feed. I bought mine a year ago but I might just take it back to Costco. Good thing they have an awesome return policy :).
DMLewis75
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the exact same problem. iPhone XS Max freezes up completely when accessing live view in the Arlo app. Please fix this!!!
gpkp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Iphone XS Max and since doing the App update over the weekend it is also freezing my entire phone?  Do I really have to download a Beta version of IOS to fix this?  Sounds crazy to me?  Is the problem an Apple issue and not an Alro issue then?

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
iPhone X 12.1,
App only updated on the 22nd Nov, I think it was. It’s the last available update.

Dont get me wrong, when I press it. It does go to the app- but does nothing. It no longer Arms or Disarms the cameras.
firetitan
Star
Star
Yes I agree I am not sure what the logic is there
1. Thousands of dissatisfied users
2. Negative hit to their reputation
3. Users cannot use the product
4. Loss of trust in the product

I have had Arlo for 2 years now and this has been the worst IOS app version

But in their favour they have only had maybe two or three outages to their systems in the last two years and the hardware is very good
Just the software seems to be going through a lot of change
Good luck
gadog
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here on IPhone XS max! Latest update has a bug. My cameras won’t pull up and when I try live feed it freezes and then crashes!
gadog
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo,

You need to acknowledge this bug ASAP and give us an estimation on an update. This is a big deal.
Ryanvegas777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am right there with you guys. Having the EXACT same issue with freezing during live play on 2.6.2. I am SO close to pulling my arlo setup and moving to Ring or another wireless motion camera system. Since the day I have had this iPhone XS Max, Arlo has had problems. The first problem was viewing recordings. They wouldn’t play. Then after they fixed that issue (about 1.5 months AFTER the XS release) it worked for about 3 weeks until 2.6.2 was released. Now my entire phone freezes AND crashes when trying to view live mode. Funny how Arlo is the ONLY APP on my iPhone that has these issues. Everyone else seems to figure it out with the newly released iPhone models, while Arlo just breaks something else trying to fix something else. HORRIBLE customer service as well. You know what, after writing this, i have decided I am pulling my cameras. I’m done. Enough is enough. Good luck guys!
Brantonio
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue. I have signed out and signed back in. I’ve deleted the app, downloaded it again and signed back into my account. I have also restarted my phone. Nothing seems to fix the issue so far. This is me using the iPhone XS Max as well.
Gcportland
Tutor
Tutor
Yes the only way to fix this issue that I know of is to enrol in the Apple beta program and install 12.1.1 at this point. Eventually Apple will release this update as a standard update, until then I’m afraid the beta program is our only option. I wish Arlo would have sent their customers an email letting us know that there is an issue and what the fix is. I don’t know if it’s an Apple issue or an Arlo issue. Regardless it would be helpful to get a heads up.
jcod
Initiate
Initiate
Seems every update sent there’s not much testing and a long time between to fix the many problems I’ve already had previous to this one. Pretty unfortunate while Arlo is expanding their product line and out dating cameras so quickly. So far in the year I’ve owned my system I’ve had battery drain issues, rewind issues on recordings, and connecting to camera issues similar to what I’m experiencing now with no freeze.
La19
Initiate
Initiate
My new iPhone max freezes as well whenever I try to see any live feed from any of my 5 cameras. My phone will freeze and turn off. This is horrible please fix ASAP. I have latest software running. Please offer solution or money back