Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
OzDu
Tutor
Tutor
Rob James this story sounds like a marketing piece from arlo 😆😆
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
Betreff,
I have no affiliation with Arlo in any way. Actually I was originally going to buy the Blink Camera system. But the Navy exchange PX had Arlo on a Clearance deal. It was significantly less for the system.
It was just so awesome how it worked and that's why I shared that story. You're right.. it does look like a marketing advertisement.
But it really happened that way..
Rob James
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
I can see your point.
If I didn't have such good luck with the Arlo, when it was just installed. I would feel the same way about the system. Arlo support really needs to take this seriously and satisfy their customers. This could have a huge impact on the company.
Rob James
mgrill
Guide
Guide

Having same issues with iPhone XSMax. Called support yesterday and they said they're working on it. I noticed this started happening a couple of days ago when I also noticed a new feature - PACKAGE DETECTION BETA - on my Arlo Premier subscription. They said they'd email me when it was resolved but no time frame given. 

@bohden wrote:

I just updated the Arlo app on my iPhone XS Max to V2.6.2
Finally, the most bugs in V2.6.1 are fixed, but now the app
crashes immediately when I try to watch live feed in any camera.
Are there more users here with an iPhone XS Max that can confirm this bug?

If this is another bug, will this end sometime?
Please Arlo, get some beta testers before publishing new updates!

AlBob
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Also on XS Max. Any word on incoming fix?
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its not a bad system when its working correctly. They just need more beta testing before rolling out new versions etc. And better communication!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi - the live feed function doesn't seem to be working on my Iphone XS max. The only live feed that is working is the Camera Positioning function but it freezes when I use the Live feed function. It looks like I'm only getting audio but the app itself freezes and I'm unable to scroll to the other cameras. I have a Samsung Tab S and I use the Smartthings App on my tv and seems to be working fine. Also, I provided access to my wife and she has a regular Iphone X and it seems to be working fine as well. I tried to erase my settings on my iphone and start over and it still doesn't seem to be working. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Kevin_in_black
Initiate
Initiate
Thx for your update. I was frustrated with this after getting my new iPhone XS Max set up.
Tonge
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the issue on my iPhone XS Max also where live feeds are freezing and force restarting my phone. This is unacceptable. You spend big money on these products and they do not work right. Arlo I agree with another user. You updated this software the day before a major travel holiday and did not test on a XS Max. Do you not know some of us rely on this software to always work to protect our property and families.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Seems like everything will run it but that phone, so either the phone doesn't like the app or the app doesn't like the phone;
maybe contact support. Unsure if they have any known issues with Iphone XS Max. I do know that they have to go through more hoops to get an app published with Apple hence the delay in updates with Iphone.
Note: I also read that Joining Apple’s public beta program and download iOS 12.1.1. May help for some things, but again I would assume support can comment more on this.
Support Center

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
jcod
Initiate
Initiate
The new update 2.6.2 is constantly freezing iPhone XS Max making the app unusable. Every time you click to view any camera it freezes the phone. Please fix ASAP app is worthless at this point. With rewind and connection issues to the cameras up till this point with the last few updates I’ve been disappointed to say the least.
Nedward
Initiate
Initiate
I have same problem since big update. App is now unusable!!!!!!!!!Very frustrating!!!!!
Frazellrock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue, after the update I can not view live footage on my iPhone XS Max. I have tried restarting the phone and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Help!
huey1960
Initiate
Initiate

i still cant get it to work  arlo better get a fix  fast  and i mean now  not  next week 

Granting
Star
Star
Dear Netgear

There is a bit of emotion developing around this issue and so far no indication from you guys what you think the problem is and how long before a fix. I am more accepting that all software has bugs, but it is how a company responds to a critical bug that differentiates the survivors from the rest. Given how these cameras are often used for security and safety it is indeed a critical bug. You have an opportunity to communicate and retrieve some credibility. Over to you.
Kathy_Parks
Initiate
Initiate
Same happening here. iPhone Xs Max with Arlo Pro system. Live view locks up app and phone. Remains locked for 2-3 minutes. Can’t close app or shut phone down to restart.
Luoinhengia
Initiate
Initiate

just crashing and freezing the XS Max yesterday !

Nedward
Initiate
Initiate
Disaster. Wake up Arlo! Keep putting this crap out and your stock will be at zero soon. I have XS MAX and it freezes up my phone whenever I try to look at a camera live.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
On the 22nd I got an app update for the new smart notifications.

As with all Arlo updates this has broken my system.
First of all I’m lucky if I get a notification anymore.
2nd the library barley has any recordings. App shows that a cam is recording but nothing appears in the library.

Zones used to work before now- A. I can’t reset the snapshot - they got rid of the button - BAFFLING!!! B. Before if you were plugged in it would use pixel detection as well as pir to start off recordings. God knows how it works now.
Lastly what’s the point of people detection I’ve stood right in front the camera with plenty of light on me, yet none of the pro 2 cameras detected me. I believe this was one of the issues in America when Arlo smart came out there. Clearly they never fixed the issue.
Procman
Initiate
Initiate
Work around works on my system, thanks for sharing!!
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh I wanna add, the 3D Touch on the newer iPhones- guess what - yep you guessed it with the latest update that’s stopped working too.

You used to be able to press the app icon and Arm or Disarm your cameras now when u press either it just takes you to the app and does NOTHING!!!

Seriously do Netgear not test anything?!?!
kbng
Luminary
Luminary
@ 'granting' what a really **bleep**ing comment to this serious issue !! are you paid for that from netgear - to cover their really bad testing and concerning to customers needs, for what they pay for a lot.

absolut disgusting contribution from tis person !!!
mgrill
Guide
Guide

That seemed to work for me as well. Thanks for the work around.

bellababy13
Initiate
Initiate

I have an iPhone XS Max on the Beta ios12.1.1 and the app crashes out as soon as I try to look at any of my cameras live. I'm hoping this is sorted very soon!

Navapache
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to access the live view for the camera, my iPhone max crashes and have to reset the app. Frustrated