Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
cmorgan84
Initiate
Initiate
The new Arlo app update keeps making my phone freeze and app crashes. It’s a waste bc I can’t do anything to watch my home. Either update the app to fix problems or allow to go back to old app version til you fix the problem. Thanks
BaconHomunculus
Tutor
Tutor

The more cases we open with Arlo, the quicker the response (with hope) will be. Unfortunately I have yet to be able to revert to a previous iOS version.

I work around I found is to go into the camera's "Device Settings" -> "Device Utilities" -> "Camera Positioning". There is sound and a portriat (no landscape) video. Very strange how this works, but the live video does not.

Good luck!

diamondboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Issue here! Iphone xs max crashing every time! Come on ARLO, we need an answer.

Jenny777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am wanting to sell my 6 Arlo Pros and its Base.  I noticed though that the cameras on the app and desktop were not streaming but had audio.  They would act erratic and then completely jam up my iphone xs max.  I removed the base and started again.  How can I get all of these things working properly and then know that I am selling a working product?  Also...how do i make the base and all 6 cameras ready as if they just came out of the box and there is no trace of me?

Thanks,

Jenny

brh
Master
Master

@Jenny777

Firstly, the app is broken. Apple has a solution to the problem which is become a beta tester and download ios 12.1.1 public beta. That fixes the app problem and the production version should be released soon. Since Apple has a fix, I doubt if Arlo will do anything to try to fix the problem on their end.

Secondly, the website on the desktop acting up is a totally different problem. This is usually caused by having the minimum internet download and upload speeds or poor connectivity between your home's wifi and the provider's servers.

As far as removing your footprint on the devices, simply go into your app and delete each camera and the base station. That way they are no longer registered.

That being said, the 6 camera bundle is a special case and I don't know if the purchaser will be able to use all 6 cameras under the free plan or not.

Brian

Jenny777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Thanks. The app is broken?  My app and desktop were fine 1 month ago.  What happened?  So you think my base and 6 cameras are working fine?  Meaning whoever purchases them will have NO problems?  What if I got the Arlo Pro 2 base with 4 cams?  Would I still have the same problem?

Thanks,

Jenny

Gcportland
Tutor
Tutor
When I select live play to watch streaming video from my iPhone XS Max, the video doesn’t play, I can hear audio and my phone locks up and I can’t close the app, shut off my phone or lock my phone. Eventually the app causes the phone to reboot the OS. This is a new development with in the last couple weeks.
hotspike
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have the same issue.  The Arlo app also freezes on my iPhone XS Max.  I've upgraded to iOS 12.1 and re-installed the app and re-sync all of my cameras but whenever I use the app on the phone to view, it will attempt to play, i can hear audio but the app freezes and eventually, it will crash.

I read in another post that iOS 12.1 had fixed the issue but it didn't work for me.

Thanks

Wodanx
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem with iPhone XS max, very disappointed. Any answer from Arlo?
Raidereyes2
Initiate
Initiate
My app is acting up as well I’m happy that I’m not the only one
payamf1
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought them today and it keeps crashing and freezing the XS Max. The app works fine on iPad though..

Contacted support and was told that it’s being fixed.
Donnal864
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I to, since yesterday, have been having the same issues with the phone app. I also have the iPhone X max, and each time I open the app and go to live feed, my phone freezes and I cannot shut it off until the app crashes.
firetitan
Star
Star
Thanks for the update Mate , let’s hope they get 2.6.3 update out fast so we can actually view our cameras!!
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It is important to be specific on make, model and software versions...OS and App.

Many people are having lockup problems with the iOS App V2.6.2 on iOS V12.1 on the iPhone XS Max.  Some people are reporting lockup problems on other iOS devices, but many people don’t have that lockup issue on those other devices.

Workarounds have been posted for crashing in Live View on the Max .  

1.  Immediately go into full screen mode after Live View starts.  Stop while in Live View full screen to return without crashing.

2.  Join Apple’s public beta program and download iOS 12.1.1.

peebs
Guide
Guide

I am sorry, but am I the only one who has no faith in the Arlo security cameras anymore? Why would a security company put out a new app version a day before a holiday (Thanksgiving in the United States), where many people would not be home and need to be able to access their Arlo cameras on their phones. They released an app update that obviously was NOT tested (I am a software tester, so I know this updated app was never properly tested). I mean what did the company think would happen? Did the company hope their untested November app update would miraculously fix all the problems they created from their October app update? Well, the Nov app update didn't fix the problems and in fact has made worse problems and has made the app unusable. Which in turn has made the cameras unusable. 

Ahh but the company that owns Arlo, is on a holiday weekend, they will fix the broken app when they get around to it, while its customers have compromised "security" systems. Criminal in my opinion. The company needs someone in the media to write a story about their failures. It is time they get taken to task for selling a security system that DOES NOT work.

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star
I agree with you, iPhone XS Max should have been part of the test matrix. When something goes bad, they critical thing is to acknowledge the issue and provide a timeline, process and potential workaround. This has been the biggest failure from their side. Silence does not build trust.
UKMiffed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have exactly the same problem on my XS Max. The app works perfectly on my iPhone 6.

I thought we'd gotten past these iPhone XS issues, having just been able to use the app again after being without playback for a month.

Come on Arlo, go out and get a programmer that understands the newer phones.

IcedSoyaMilk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, very disappointing.. IPXS MAX
Donnal864
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agreed! This is frustrating
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@hotspike wrote:

Hi,

I have the same issue.  The Arlo app also freezes on my iPhone XS Max.  I've upgraded to iOS 12.1 and re-installed the app and re-sync all of my cameras but whenever I use the app on the phone to view, it will attempt to play, i can hear audio but the app freezes and eventually, it will crash.

I read in another post that iOS 12.1 had fixed the issue but it didn't work for me.

Thanks

It wasn’t 12.1 that fixed the issue.  It is the beta version 12.1.1.  You have to sign up for Apple’s public beta program and download/install 12.1.1.  That reportedly fixes the catastrophic iPhone a Max freeze-up problem.

S18
Tutor
Tutor
iPhone XS Max 12.1
Arlo pro2 visions 2.62
Lock up when on live play
S18
Tutor
Tutor
Same thing on iPhone XS Max
Travelingo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same problem here. I can hear the sound but the video freezes.
Travelingo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same problem here
OzDu
Tutor
Tutor
I’m debating if I should return the camera. Just bought it on Friday and 2 days off hassle still couldn’t get it to work