Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
OzDu
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. I have xmax and just bought the arlo pro 2 camera system.. can’t make it work app crash the iPhone
Tufelhound
Initiate
Initiate
I read around,
Seems to be an xs max issue, works fine on other devices
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Betreff. Follow this string and download the previous version. It will work fine until they fix it.
JBrianMacD
Initiate
Initiate

How can I download that?

I have nearly $500 of worthless equipment with a $1000 iphone.

As an attorney, I am considering seeking members for class acction litigation against Arlo.

They have refused to acknowlledge the issue, fix it, or provide any updates.

More striking is the fact that they no longer allow their agents to engage in support chat.

If you call and happen to speak to an agent, you are given nothing but a stall excuse.

Perhaps, they will respond to litigation.

tranpaul33
Tutor
Tutor
How do you install the previous version for iOS? I can try to side load it but can you link me to where I can download ipsw file. Thank you in advance.
Concerned
Initiate
Initiate
Does anyone at Netgear read customers' posts? The latest updates wiped out service. The app does not work. Read the reviews and comments in the app store. Scores of comments with SAME issues. Now what?
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry, i have android. Mayby someone else on this thread can help you. Very frustrating.
JJJ1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Who do we report bugs to?
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
tranpaul33
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you Robjames however I have an iPhone Max. This is frustrating. Just bought yesterday the Arlo Pro and downloaded the app and it’s not working. I guess It’s going back to the store. Contacted Arlo support and opened up a case #. Was told that they are aware of the issue and are resolving it. No eta however. Pathetic!!!!!
Th3w01f69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same issue with the Pro 2 and XS Max since the last app update.

Very frustrating!
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
I know your frustration. These cameras are not cheap.
They met my needs days after installing them. Just last week.
If this happened last week, I would not have caught the evidence that I did.
There's got to be a previous version of the update just like android has?
This is what happened last week.
Caught on Camera!
Days before a significant break-in I had a premonition that I needed surveillance cameras. Within Only a couple of days after I strategically placed 4 Arlo HD cameras, my home was violated. I was at work in the middle of the day when my cell phone alerted me of motion detected at my home. I immediately looked at the Arlo app of the Driveway Camera first and their was a vehicle pulled into my drive. Then the front yard camera alerted that they were in my yard. I saw them in my front yard. Then the front door camera went off and they were trying to enter my home. I called 911 and reported that I had intruders! Within a minute they broke a window and entered my home! The inside camera caught them in my living room. It was recording their every movement and sending videos to the cloud. I called 911 again and said they're inside and taking things. I recognized the perpetrators. It was my separated spouse and a county deputy sheriff who were inside my home and stealing my belongings. In all, Arlo captured 18 videos of them and recorded them on the cloud library. The next day, I had a court appearance against my spouse where I presented the videos to the judge. With this precious evidence in my posession, I had the absolute proof of my spouse and a deputy sheriff ransacking my home proving their guilt. Without this valuable information, they wouldn't have been caught and no one could have proved anything. The judge ruled in my favor due to these videos. The case is still in progress, but Arlo proved to be the ultimate witness in this case. Caught on Camera.I highly recommend Arlo to everyone. It was so easy to install and has given me the peace of mind everyday that my home is protected against intruders when you are away.

Rob James
sergeantawesome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone else having issues with the app?  The video does not load properly and locks up my phone to where I have to force restart it.  Once, the screen went black, I could hear camera audio, but my phone took 10 minutes to get out of that as I could not force restart my phone. 

I have the iPhone XS Max.

Callum31
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have iPhone XS Max.
Has been playing up since yesterday. Freezes and app not responding.
Guss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Same problem here with iPhone XS Max. Arlo app was working fine Thanksgiving Day.
It’s been locking my phone up all day today. I noticed there was a Arlo app update today that must have caused the problem.
Tony21
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the similar issue with my iPhone Xs max also I can’t view live video then it freezes and takes about 10 minutes to unlock the screen this started with the package detection alert update my iPad works ok it don’t show all my recording for that day in the cloud library. So if anyone have the solution please share. I been talking highly and recommend this product to other now I’m beginning to think otherwise.
KHO
Tutor
Tutor
Video freezes when recording shows picture but no movement of person. When I zoom In on the video it goes black immediately.
Melnkay
Initiate
Initiate
I have an iPhone XS Max as well. It freezes when I click on a device. My iPad Pro does not freeze after the update. I’m assuming there is an issue with the update for XS Max
VatoGrande
Initiate
Initiate
I bought the babycam today, installed fine then started hard crashing my iphone xs max REALLY HARD when trying to view the video... Should I return this thing? Do they patch relatively quickly? Pretty stupid to release a version for the holiday!
Thillyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Response from Arlo says their development team is currently investigating this issue. Response via Twitter.
jaylllopez
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought my Arlo system today and installation went great up until I wanted to view the live footage from my cameras. My iPhone XS Max completely froze and it wouldn’t let me exit the app. I had to force restart my phone in order to exit the app! Update needed asap.
Bruinista
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same problem. Seems like the iPhone XS Max is the common denominator.
Andyweak
Tutor
Tutor
Work around for now .

I discovered that if you immediany hit the full screen mode button right when the feed goes live it works and doesn’t freeze your phone. Then if you hit the stop button it will take you out of full screen mode without crashing.

This should help out until there is a fix.
Kristine_T02
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have problem connecting to the video on Iphone Xs. I tried to use other devices like ipad and other iphone version in the family like 6,7 and 8 they are working fine but not IPHONE XS!! pls fix it
ema1508
Initiate
Initiate

@Andyweak's work around works. Thanks!