Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EVERYONE needs to submit a case. Don't rely on someone else. The more, the merrier.

laurenj
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Iphone Xs max won't play Arlo video, only the sound is coming.  I have updated software to 12.1 but it is still not playing.  It used to play well until 2 days ago but suddenly it got stuck and never coming back even after re logging to the arlo account or installing the app again or restarting the phone.  What  can I do?

Addie119
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello...we just an IPhone Max today and the Arlo App is locking up the Phone to the point we can’t even turn the Phone off! Please help. We are the latest iPhone version.
N4viking
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMS3330H, Arlo App on IPHone X freezes when viewing the cameras, and unable to connect.

Tjsport
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just received my 5 camera pro 2 which I purchased from Costco. Playing a recorded video in landscape on my XS max, I can’t see many of the controls. That’s ok. Main issue is the live videos. Selecting a camera and watching live locks my phone. The iPhone hard reset doesn’t even work. Usually blows out of the app in a few minutes. Running latest iOS. iPad works fine. This is unacceptable. Will give it a few days for this to be resolved, if it is t I’ll be returning it for a poe system.
firetitan
Star
Star
I tried this thanks for the tip , it still freezes and then locks up the whole phone for a few minutes , ridiculous mate
Still no response on my case I opened and. an ETA for a new version yet
And one other thing it must be something to do with the video driver as it makes parts of my phone flicker just before it hangs
MarlinMV
Initiate
Initiate

After working fine for several weeks, my iphone app has started freezing every time I try to activate a camera to view it.  I can’t even exit the app — I have to do a hard reboot on my phone, and then the problem reoccurs - five times now.

MTP60
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue with iPhone XS MAX.
I’ve had this system over 6 months and had not had any issues until now.
Wife has iPhone 7 Plus with IOS 12.1 and it works fine in all aspects.
Not sure if there is an issue with the code or if it a hardware related issue and the code in combo.
But locks the phone so even hard reset doesn’t respond. WOW!
Come on Netgear! Need some help here!
Janericster
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue. The App Store is showing a lot of one star reviews based on the bug in this version. Certainly by now netgear knows it’s a huge problem and hopefully they are working on a fix quickly. The entire system is next to useless without being able to monitor the cameras through the phone.

If this continues I’m going to demand a credit for the subscription fee this month.
Colokoy007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yup I started experiencing this with my iPhone max 3 days ago and thought it was my Khin’s but realized it’ was only my Arlo app causing the hang up /freezing issue. I tried my daughters phone an iPhone 8 and it works fine ...I wonder if this issue is only happening with iPhone xs phones
Thefinga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Colokoy007 Aspirant
Aspirant
‎2018-11-23 08:09 PM
Re: App crashing on ios
Yup I started experiencing this with my iPhone max 3 days ago and thought it was my Khin’s but realized it’ was only my Arlo app causing the hang up /freezing issue. I tried my daughters phone an iPhone 8 and it works fine ...I wonder if this issue is only happening with iPhone xs phones

It’s absolutely just an issue with the XS Max on 12.1
Enroll in the iOS beta program and install beta 12.1.1 ..... this will fix the issue
Earley
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got the iPhone XS Max and my Arlo baby app wont work at all. My husband still has the 8 plus and it works perfect on his. Any tips on how to fix this?! Please help
Colsnipe62
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same problem does anyone know how to fix it
jjpietra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issues.
bzkleta
Initiate
Initiate
Likewise - The app freezes the moment I go to “Live” view on my app. This just happened two days ago and is becoming very annoying. Please fix!!!
kpersson
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the exact same issue. Happened after recent iPhone app update.
Andyweak
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here with my XS Max. Why is Arlo having so many issues with getting their software compatible with the XS Max? Do they not test their updates before they go public with them? And so far no response from them? I am starting to question just how committeed Arlo is to their customers.
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Here we go again........sigh 😩

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I assume you have an iPhone XS Max.
Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Phone crashes. Phone stop working. Arlo app is not working. Can’t see my cameras. Very frustrating. Already deleted the app, turned off the phone twice , exactly the same as described people here in a “solved” case. Ridiculous
Wacanuck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased and loaded app onto iPad and iPhone xs. iPad works fine but as soon as I try live on iPhone app freezes up the phone. This is garbage.....

Hammer68
Guide
Guide
Same issue, looking for resolution as mine is also a baby monitor.
Thillyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Drmsa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same issue here. Hope they come up with a fix soon.
MarlinMV
Initiate
Initiate

Yes.