Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Coouge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tested on iPhone XS Max and the app freezes on live view. Please fix this asap as we always use live view to check our pets while we're at work.

Coouge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same! We tested it on iPhone XS Max, iPhone X and iPad and it's all crashing with this new update! Please fix this soon!

Tehmonkeh
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. iOS iPhone XS Max. Crashes when live. Brand new camera for security and can’t ecen use its primary function. WTH

Do they pay attention to these forums or should we be calling to **bleep**?
Fbgom7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue. If Arlo doesn’t fix it soon, I’m taking the entire unit back to Costco. There are more reliable systems on the market.
Purolatino22
Tutor
Tutor
Omg I’ve been having this same issue since Wednesday. Never fails, click on view and my iPhone X freezes on the app. I can hear audio but have to reboot phone. Haven’t been able to live stream for 3-days now.
Purolatino22
Tutor
Tutor
Omg I’ve been having this same issue since Wednesday. Never fails, click on view and my iPhone X freezes on the app. I can hear audio but have to reboot phone. Haven’t been able to live stream for 3-days now. Hope there’s a fix.
Fbgom7
Aspirant
Aspirant
This didn’t work for me.
TechToyTV
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same issue. When trying to view a live feed the app will freeze my iPhone XS Max totally. Arlo and Netgear really need to get this sorted out. I’ve had no issues with other smart home products since upgrading my phone and using iOS12
Bendanuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. 2.62 version of app completely crashing when trying to view live video. Fine on my iPhone 7 and 8 plus and worked fine on Xs max until the latest update. Please fix ASAP
gdipaola
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find it "amazing" and unacceptable that, when it's apparent that an issue exists and it doesn't depend on not-updated software, nobody from Arlo support is giving any feedback.

Please let us know if you are doing something to solve this problem and when we can expect a fix!

Thanks

Granting
Star
Star

I have posted the same problem on my iphone Xs max. It only started after the latest software release. Have reinstalled app. shut down router and Arlo Hub and rebooted etc but on live view I get intermittent sound but no picture and the phone freezes. If I swip up from the bottom I get the app closing after a delay of about 15 seconds. It is caught in a loop. Definetly a bug but may not be apparent on all iphone XS models as some report it working ok. Hope Netgear is listening. This type of bug in this day and age is unusual to say the least.

R1Daniel
Tutor
Tutor
I tried the ‘classic ux’ Mode, but it did nothing to fix the issue for me. Still freezing my phone.
Thefinga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same.... iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.1
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Coouge wrote:

Same! We tested it on iPhone XS Max, iPhone X and iPad and it's all crashing with this new update! Please fix this soon!

Odd.  I’m running iOS 12.1 and V2.6.2 on an iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad Air 2 and 11” iPad Pro.  None of these platforms crash when I use the app.  I have a mix of Arlo-Q, Q Plus, original Wireless, Pro and Pro 2 cameras on power, on battery, on POE and on solar panels.  I haven’t had a chance to check my 12.9” iPad Pro because I don’t have it with me.

Have you done all the usual force close, reboot, restart, etc. actions to see if you can clear it?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

A lot of people have reported the iPhone XS Max crashes.

i just tested my iPhone XS and to my surprise, I was able to have 8 cameras live streaming all at the same time.  I stopped there and didn’t try any additional cameras.  Original, Pro and Pro 2 cameras.

ArloUser_Utah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone been contacted from Arlo when they will be pushing out a new version of this app to fix the issue? This is rediculous and my system is inoperable
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.netgear.android/

All of the downloads are available here at this link.
Just pick the right one.
Rob James
Thillyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received a response on Twitter. They said the new IOS update solved the issues, but clearly it hasn’t. No response since I informed them my phone was updated with the new software. Still experiencing either froze screen, or complete crash.
Tehmonkeh
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I tried a base station reset and a phone force app close and reboot of phone multiple times. Charging my iPad now so I can set it up and test it. Rarely use it anymore

ETA: I logged out of app. Removed it. They’re downloaded from App Store. Same issue. Thought it may be networking lag but I’m getting 350meg down even on wireless.
paksar
Aspirant
Aspirant

i called arlo support this morning and opened a case. mine still freezes . 

so i did some troubleshooting, and its definitely problem only with iPhone XS Max phones. 

I also have a iphone 7s plus with the same updated IOS 12.1 and same Arlo version 2.6.2, and its working fine. 

I also have an ipad, with all update software, and its working. 

but iphone XS Max not working. 

dhanson99
Star
Star
Has anyone gotten a response from Arlo on this? Seems like support folks are responding on every question on the board except the ones where it is crashing everyone’s XS Max. What gives??
bohden
Guide
Guide

I don’t care to try to contact Arlo anymore. They never answer any customers here in this community, although this is the only support channel. And if I call my local Arlo support in my country, they can never answer anything, and only refer to this community.

Usually it takes 3-4 weeks before a bug fix is released, but then you can expect new bugs, just like in this ”update”. This is very frustrating, as the hardware is great.

dhanson99
Star
Star
Seriously... can support not at least respond to THIS issue that is affecting many?? Your app is crashing our phone. When will we see a fix?!
paksar
Aspirant
Aspirant

i agree, i like the cameras , they work great. sometimes Apple realizes and does an update that might fix it. 

for now. just have to use other devices if you have any, like ipad, or computer to check. 

its frustrating though. 

bohden
Guide
Guide

All I can recommend is that when a new iOS Arlo app is released, wait at least one week before updating. During that week, read carefully in this forum if new bugs have occurred. Unfortunately, it's more common for this app to get worse than better in every ”updates”, according to my experience after years of use.