Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Konzept
Tutor
Tutor
latest Update Crashes My iPhone XS Max. Horror!!!!!!!!!
camera26
Tutor
Tutor

After the latest iOS app update, on the camera I have 1 activity zone set, the feature is not working and I am getting alerts for all motions (even those not in the activity zone) when I only set to be alerted when it is a person. I went to each setting and made sure that the Animals and Vehicles were OFF and the People was ON.

iPhone 8 - iOS 12.1

iPad Mini - iOS 12.1

The alerts were working fine prior to the update.

bohden
Guide
Guide

I just updated the Arlo app on my iPhone XS Max to V2.6.2
Finally, the most bugs in V2.6.1 are fixed, but now the app
crashes immediately when I try to watch live feed in any camera.
Are there more users here with an iPhone XS Max that can confirm this bug?

If this is another bug, will this end sometime?
Please Arlo, get some beta testers before publishing new updates!

colinalton
Initiate
Initiate
App is useless on iPhone XSMax. Freezes, crashes, crashes my phone.
Do Arlo test new releases? Obviously not! Get a grip Netgear/Arlo.
ocxplant
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. It completely bricks my phone and requires a hard reset! 

bohden
Guide
Guide

Oh my God, I'm not alone then. This will never end...

ShaneRiddell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed Arlo yesterday. Are these kinds of bugs common? I like the hardware and the battery option, but so far I had to jump through hoops to sign up for a smart plan and now their iOS app is freezing my phone harder than any app ever has. Should I return it and go with Nest for reliability?
MaxieC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. Locks up my iPhone XS Max. Works on my wife’s iPhone X.
5LO
Tutor
Tutor
Same result, updated to the latest version of Arlo app and locks up my iPhone XS instantly. Have to wait 2-3 minutes for the phone to recover

Can’t use any of my cameras with this update via my phone.
Dyburns002
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo app on my XSMax is unusable. Keeps crashing. Rebooted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo app. What gives?
Tapout
Star
Star
Yep........
They have been notorious for pushing out updates without testing it.

As you noticed there is no technical support as they are very aware of how broken the system is.
I’ve had this system since it first came out and I am in the security industry and it started out good. Now update after update there is just more lipstick on the pig instead of fixing it.
Many times I have told them their issues and they just push out other updates but never fix the major issues.
Another major issue is viewable cameras during an alarm event and recordings are no longer supported for two or more alarms at the same time.
So all you get is a partial picture of an issue.
Sad to say that this app is going downhill and tech support doesn’t really care.
Tapout
Star
Star
Yep........
They have been notorious for pushing out updates without testing it.

As you noticed there is no technical support as they are very aware of how broken the system is.
I’ve had this system since it first came out and I am in the security industry and it started out good. Now update after update there is just more lipstick on the pig instead of fixing it.
Many times I have told them their issues and they just push out other updates but never fix the major issues.
Another major issue is viewable cameras during an alarm event and recordings are no longer supported for two or more alarms at the same time.
So all you get is a partial picture of an issue.
Sad to say that this app is going downhill and tech support doesn’t really care.
Sully165
Guide
Guide
I would say I’ve never had an issue this bad. This is the worst bug I’ve encountered in the 2 years I’ve been using Arlo. You don’t have to subscribe to a smart plan. I use the system without it.
gdipaola
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, iPhone XS Max 256GB with latest software. As soon as I try to watch video, both 4G and WiFi, the phone is frozen, you can’t do anything until the app shuts down by itself.
Happening with latest Arlo app update only, never happened before.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've opened a ticket with Netgear.  This was their response, which has not helped me:

Going back to your concern, please follow the steps below and check if it will help.

1. Tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage. (On an iPad the last option will be labelled iPad Storage.)
2. At the bottom of the screen you'll see your apps, arranged by the amount of storage they take up.
3. Tap Offload App, confirm.
4. Log back in to your account and check.
5. If issue persist, try logging to your computer or different device aside from your iPhone. Check if it works. If it does work on your iPhone only, take screenshot and attach it on the case.

Here is more information on my circumstances:

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

I am unable to take a screenshot, since as soon as the live view is started, the whole device locks up.  After 1 or 2 minutes, the device responds again (I get back to my home screen) and I have to relaunch the app and sign in again.  But it still locks if I try live view again.

I don’t get any error on the screen.

I have also installed Arlo onto a brand new (out of the box) iPad this afternoon, which installed v.2.6.2 immediately (not 2.6.0).  This also locks up the iPad.

I have tested this on my PC and Android and they are OK.

My wife has an iPhone (also iOS 12.1) and her account is “shared” with my Arlo Pro devices.  She is still on v2.6.0 and her iPhone does NOT lock up – it works OK.  I have told her to not update.

It therefore seems an issue with v2.6.2 in my view with iOS.

dhanson99
Star
Star
Same here. iPhone XS Max... new update completely locks up phone on live feed
gdipaola
Aspirant
Aspirant
fix is very urgent, you don’t even get alerts when motion is detected!!!
Jimmymacbean
Initiate
Initiate
The new arlo app v2.6.2 is unusable on my iPhone X. It locks up my phone to the point that I cannot quit the app or power off the phone. The phone restarts after about a minute or so.
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Not only do they not care, whoever writes code there should be employed in a quarry busting stones with a hammer instead. I have never seen that much ineptitude in one place before.

Rosspaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fmartinis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. X max iPhone freezes the phone when I open Arlo 2.6.2

Fix this now. I’m a subscriber and paid for the year in advance.

ATLPaul
Initiate
Initiate

this is really across the board - not one specific product - Arlo Q, Q + and Pro, Pro 2.  Arlo App 2.6.2 is causing IPhone XS Max to lock up and become unresponsive.  After several swipes - can kill app and phone is back to normal.  Occurs once you enter app and attempt to connect to any camera.  It is responsive prior to attaching to camera, but once you attach, it just falls apart.

Happening to anyone else?  Did delete app and reinstall - no change.

ATLPaul
Initiate
Initiate

happeneing to me too.  IPhone XS Max checking.  Works fine on Iphone X.

Lassiiboiii
Tutor
Tutor
Iphone xs max.. same! Fix it 😮
AngryNugget
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. iPhone XS MAX and 2.6.2 update completely freezes the phone. Requires phone restart to get out the app.

Have tried re-installing but still the same issue.