Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Cgrsmkr
Guide
Guide

Noticed that after app update, new videos do not appear in library unless I close and then reopen app. They used to update and appear while I had the library open

8 REPLIES 8
Cgrsmkr
Guide
Guide
I can have library open and receive push notifications of new motion detections, but recording won’t show up in library unless I close app and then re-launch. It used to auto update and library would automatically update with pushed recordings. Not any more it seems.
RustyInTexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. First the new app would pile up the number on the app badge. I'd have one movement notification, and the badge would say 500+, for instance. The update fixed that, but now I have a notification of movement and the library won't update. I have restarted my phone, and taken steps that could affect the app to no avail. The only way to see the Library update is to force quit the app and relaunch it. I have waited as long a 10 minutes to see if the Library would update, and it never has with the current version. I can't imagine why this is an issue. I know Apple (I'm on an iPhone) made them switch their developer account to the spinoff company, but the app, it's sources, and I image the personnel, would still be the same. It's terrible that Arlo, a great idea, is getting worse, not better. I hope they stop breaking things and start improving on what they have. It's far from perfect without bugs.

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here. I’m using the iPad pro

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Have you tried reinstalling the new Arlo app and rebooting your phone to see if that helps? 

Cgrsmkr
Guide
Guide
Yes - did not result in any change. Also, like some others have posted, seem to be getting duplicate push notifications for each detected motion
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If your library is not automatically updating still, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

For the duplicate push notifications, our development team is aware about this issue and is looking into this further. You can see updates or any information here: Double Push Notifications on new release 2.9 Arlo app

dturnidge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the previous version of ARLO software. Maybe that will work again?? Supposed to go away by the 30th of September...3 days and counting. Sure hope this problem is resolved b4 then. 

dturnidge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup. The old version works. Recommendation: Please keep the old one around until you fix this very important part of the new one!!