Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Cannot log in, https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login on my iMac just loads a blank page. FRUSTRATING !

185 REPLIES 185
BigDave3620
Aspirant
Aspirant
What can I do with arlo cameras to recover my Lost?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here and has all along. SOunds like a local issue. What have you tried and what do you see, in detail? Have you power cycled the base? Have you tried logging out and back in as well as tried both the app and a browser?

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

vbdevpro
Initiate
Initiate

Service has been a bit better, but it's still not 100%. And you are correct. It could very well be a "local" issue if there really are no servers in the US. Why would that be? As much as this service costs can Arlo not afford a US data center? Any update on when a US data center may be installed? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't had server problems for some time now so I don't think it's a server issue (anything is possible, though).

I don't know the real answer to why there are no US servers but I have come to the conclusion that EU servers are used because 1) US equipment can be shipped to and used in other countries and 2) the EU has stricter privacy laws. If the equipment was somehow useful in only one country, that would open the possibility of local servers but would also introduce lots of whining about how the systems are locked to a region.

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

James keeps censoring my comments about not having a US server, so there you have it. There have been many times when an issue we have with Arlo is really caused by overseas servers... Latiency being the MAJOR one.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Arlo-Man wrote:

James keeps censoring my comments about not having a US server, so there you have it. There have been many times when an issue we have with Arlo is really caused by overseas servers... Latiency being the MAJOR one.

Latency is actually par for the course for us, particularly with the android app which used by decent and now is impossible. Where I used to be able to take my phone outside and use it to adjust he camera views, now I need someone's help to tell me how to ajdust the view as my phone (a very modern, poweful, highly rated  Pixel 2 running off and equally powerful, highly rated Netgear Nighthwawk----ironic, right?) now will only show the camera as BUFFFERING BUFFERING BUFFERING....

The PC portal is better, but often too is stricken with buffering or more often, timing out. Even the PC hardwired to our network and sitting one foot away from the base station has these issues.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Well since over an hour Arlo doesn't record anymore to the cloud. No notifications either. But there is recordings on USB. What are they messing with again now???

dean_jeffert46
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes we sit do not have motion
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Been having issues for hours now. Arlo, you need to get your act together.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Arlo-Man

The issue with motion detection recordings has been resolved. I'm actually going to lock this old thread as it has a solution marked and is not related to the motion detection recording issue we just experienced. If you are still having issues with motion detection, please post here with additional details so we can further help you.