Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installing Arlo Pro Smart Home HD Wireless Security Camera from inside window looking outside

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Khalil
Initiate
Initiate

I just ordered Arlo Pro Smart Home HD Wireless Security Camera 3-pack.

I would like to install these cameras behind the window (from inside the house to look outside), since they can easily be stolen, I prefer to have them inside the house looking out, however, I’m not sure if being behind a clear glass would cause any issues.  Do you see any problem with the night vision or any distortion in it resolution?  Would Arlo Pro Skins-Camera protective cover work or you have any other suggestion.  Thanks and appreciate any respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO cameras will not DETECT motion thru glass..... they depend on IR as a detection source and glass block most of it.

Also if you use the IR illuminators ( night vision ) , the light will reflect off the glass and wash out the picture

The Q camera will work thru glass as you want as the detection mode is pixel based ( sees changes in picture ) , but even with the Q, you can not use the night vision

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO cameras will not DETECT motion thru glass..... they depend on IR as a detection source and glass block most of it.

Also if you use the IR illuminators ( night vision ) , the light will reflect off the glass and wash out the picture

The Q camera will work thru glass as you want as the detection mode is pixel based ( sees changes in picture ) , but even with the Q, you can not use the night vision

Morse is faster than texting!