Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Khalil
Initiate
Initiate

I just ordered Arlo Pro Smart Home HD Wireless Security Camera 3-pack.

I would like to install these cameras behind the window (from inside the house to look outside), since they can easily be stolen, I prefer to have them inside the house looking out, however, I’m not sure if being behind a clear glass would cause any issues.  Do you see any problem with the night vision or any distortion in it resolution?  Would Arlo Pro Skins-Camera protective cover work or you have any other suggestion.  Thanks and appreciate any respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO cameras will not DETECT motion thru glass..... they depend on IR as a detection source and glass block most of it.

Also if you use the IR illuminators ( night vision ) , the light will reflect off the glass and wash out the picture

The Q camera will work thru glass as you want as the detection mode is pixel based ( sees changes in picture ) , but even with the Q, you can not use the night vision

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and Arlo PRO cameras will not DETECT motion thru glass..... they depend on IR as a detection source and glass block most of it.

Also if you use the IR illuminators ( night vision ) , the light will reflect off the glass and wash out the picture

The Q camera will work thru glass as you want as the detection mode is pixel based ( sees changes in picture ) , but even with the Q, you can not use the night vision

Morse is faster than texting!