Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Initiate

Re: How/To fix Multiple Notifications from one alert on Android

This worked for me as well. No need to go that complicated route. Just force stop the app, then clear cache, then clear data. Has to be in that order.
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 101 of 107
Initiate

force stop Arlo, clear cache, clear data (found under storage), restart Arlo it worked, so far, and easy to do.  Galaxy s7 runniing Android 8.0, Oreo and running Google back-up

Thanks . Secaz

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 102 of 107
Aspirant

OmG, I have been having this issue for month and their customer service couldn't even help fix it. Thanks to this post I'm only getting one notification now. I used to love arlo cameras but I'm tired of all these issues and will be replacing all my 5 cameras for the Nest Cam IQ outdoor.
Message 103 of 107
Aspirant

Moto Z 2 Play Android phone with multiple notifucations. Called Arlo twice. No fix given. I figured it out myself. Uninstall the Arlo App. Go to settings. Backup and Restore. Turn off data backup and app backup. Install Arlo App. turn on data backup and app backup. Only one notification per alert. I have been annoyed by this for months after an Arlo update!
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 104 of 107
Initiate

@djskyhawk wrote:

force stop Arlo, clear cache, clear data (found under storage), restart Arlo it worked, so far, and easy to do.  Galaxy s7 runniing Android 8.0, Oreo and running Google back-up

Thanks . Secaz

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!  This worked for me also.  I also have the S7 running Oreo.

Message 105 of 107
Aspirant

How/To fix Multiple Notifications from one alert on iPhone X

I am having same issues but with Iphone X.  Wheever I get a motion and records it, the counter will say 15 instead of just a single event.  I dont know why it replicates the notification.  I also noticed that if I go directly to the device vs going to the library, IM not able to reset the counter.  It will show 14 notifications ven after I already viewed the video clip.  THe developers need to start getting hot with this.  This must be a scripting error or something.  Ive rebooted, re-added the app, logged out and logged backed in, Disarmed and re-armed.  I even tried to reset my password and I never got the reset password email noitification either.  

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 106 of 107
Highlighted
Aspirant

I dont know if this is a phone issue, Im seeing a lot of solution to do something with their phones. I have an iphone and im having same issues.  This has something to do with the app or the router. We either need newer firmware or updates. 

Message 107 of 107