Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Robalboa
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you are starting to get 2 and 3 or 5 Notifications for 1 Alert and you find if you uninstall the app and reinstall it you get another one added so 5 turns into 6 notifications. youve found the solution.

Im on Android Oreo on the galaxy S9 plus but this applies to all android versions that have google back up enabled.

Here is how:

First Delete The Arlo App, then
Go into "Settings", "Cloud and Accounts", then "Backup and Restore",
Then down on the bottom theres a toggle thats says "automatic Restore"
Toggle that off.
Next, Click on "Google account" in the same menu
And at the top theres a toggle that says "back up to google drive". Slide it OFF
it will give you a warning that you are about to delete your backup
"Confirm and delete"
Next reboot the Phone
then go back to the last slider that we turned off that said "Back up to Google Drive" and turn it back on
Then Re download the arlo app and Log back in alls well.

Hope this helps i had 5 notifications for every alert equal to the time i uninstalled and reinstalled

106 REPLIES 106
Toronto1
Initiate
Initiate
This worked for me as well. No need to go that complicated route. Just force stop the app, then clear cache, then clear data. Has to be in that order.
djskyhawk
Star
Star

force stop Arlo, clear cache, clear data (found under storage), restart Arlo it worked, so far, and easy to do.  Galaxy s7 runniing Android 8.0, Oreo and running Google back-up

Thanks . Secaz

Will17
Tutor
Tutor
OmG, I have been having this issue for month and their customer service couldn't even help fix it. Thanks to this post I'm only getting one notification now. I used to love arlo cameras but I'm tired of all these issues and will be replacing all my 5 cameras for the Nest Cam IQ outdoor.
smb7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Moto Z 2 Play Android phone with multiple notifucations. Called Arlo twice. No fix given. I figured it out myself. Uninstall the Arlo App. Go to settings. Backup and Restore. Turn off data backup and app backup. Install Arlo App. turn on data backup and app backup. Only one notification per alert. I have been annoyed by this for months after an Arlo update!
bobaloo2
Initiate
Initiate

@djskyhawk wrote:

force stop Arlo, clear cache, clear data (found under storage), restart Arlo it worked, so far, and easy to do.  Galaxy s7 runniing Android 8.0, Oreo and running Google back-up

Thanks . Secaz

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!  This worked for me also.  I also have the S7 running Oreo.

mikohenson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issues but with Iphone X.  Wheever I get a motion and records it, the counter will say 15 instead of just a single event.  I dont know why it replicates the notification.  I also noticed that if I go directly to the device vs going to the library, IM not able to reset the counter.  It will show 14 notifications ven after I already viewed the video clip.  THe developers need to start getting hot with this.  This must be a scripting error or something.  Ive rebooted, re-added the app, logged out and logged backed in, Disarmed and re-armed.  I even tried to reset my password and I never got the reset password email noitification either.  

mikohenson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont know if this is a phone issue, Im seeing a lot of solution to do something with their phones. I have an iphone and im having same issues.  This has something to do with the app or the router. We either need newer firmware or updates.