Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

932 REPLIES 932
dshaver412
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue.  2.7.9 nerfed my geofencing.  Completely useless.  Arlo must resolve this quickly!

jhallbauer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, it has stopped switching back to home mode when I return back home.  Works fine switching to away mode, it's just the return back home that's broken.

TeraByte25
Tutor
Tutor

The same issue here (@Netherlands)!!

Really frustrating, when we arrive at home geofencing doesn’t disarme the base station.

When I look at the Arlo base station I see the devices are in zone but the base station stays armed...

This happened after updates from the base station and the app.

@hallinmas wrote:

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

Jaylynb4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing isn’t properly working lately. The app will send a notification that I’ve “Entered the Home Geofencing Zone” but it will not disarm the Arlo. If I manually set it to disarm and then back to geofencing, it works fine. When I leave, it arms itself correctly. It seems it’s just the coming home part that isn’t working.
BrianP53
Star
Star
I presume the Arlo community concerns are being monitored by Arlo support and that I don’t need to log a fault?
g3nius
Guide
Guide

Same issue for my 2 Arlo Q cameras.  Geofencing was working for months without issue but it seems like its broken again

Wwiilbird
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here camera on both base stations - original and Pro are both staying in away mode when returning home.

Only way to reset I is to change to schedule mode then back to georeference.
g3nius
Guide
Guide

Same issue, latest update broke geofencing for me.  

Kloack
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see a million people with the same issue, but no answers from Arlo. What is the fix to geofencing not recognizing when we are home?!
Guinness835
Star
Star

I have the same issue. My cameras are set to geofencing. When we are away it is set to “Armed” and when we are home it is set to “Schedule.” We are currently at home and the schedule is not yet set to arm. The geofencing shows both our phones “in zone,” but the system is still armed and sending motion alerts. This also started after the latest “update.” It seems like we have to go through these issues every single time there is an update and it is beyond frustrating. I’ve tried changing the geofencing setting, deleting and re-issuing the schedule times and pretty much everything else. I’m glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. Arlo, please get it together and try and get this fixed and also maybe try and make sure your future updates don’t do this as it is a recurring issue. Just for clarification we use Apple iOS devices.

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having the same problem. Apparently Netgear’s customer service has gone to hell as all these people have the same issue and no response.
BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Even better. Today I was at home, my phone was at home (Android). Had yet another update last night V 2.7.11_25630 21st May.

So thought - lets try Geofence again. Switched it on and immediately I was AWAY. Funny as I was sitting down in doors.

What a joke. It worked (about 90%) yet gone way backwards.

BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

And of course noone available at SUpport to discuss isse. Must be swamped with frustrated users!

Asilbrom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also having geofencing issue. It won’t recognise I am home even though when I look at the map it has me in the zone. It was working perfectly up until about 2 weeks ago. What’s going on??????
Colintoo
Star
Star
Oh come on guys, there has been a screw up on the code and geofencing is bust. Great hardware product ruined by poor software. Complete silence from Arlo. Time to wake up social media and see if there is a response.
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

They don't care about us as they've already taken our cash. 

Hit them where it hurts their bottom line, leave a review in your app store against the product. I did today, telling people to expect a headache every time a software update is shoved down your throat.

BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

It may be worth downgrading to an older version of the APP - that worked for Geofencing.

Look on www.apkmirror.com.

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is definitely something wrong with the App.  Actually geofencing has been a headache for 2 years for me.  Most of the time it would work but there were still hiccups.  Now it never goes back to home mode.  No problem going to away but when you come back it stays away even though the device now says in zone.   Might be time to look for a system that work like my old ubiquity did.🤔

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, same issue here.  Please fix the issue.  How can people rely on these cameras for security when the software sucks?

Pigeon1054
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Geofencing not working when I get home. Not following our schedule. Please fix ASAP! Thanks.
Jeffreyperez000
Tutor
Tutor
Make a new mode for your ”home mode” once that is recreated. Then assign it for your geofence. See if that works for you. Seems like arlo may have made the home modes go to null.

This worked for me. Let me know if it does not work.
Jsam3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing not recognizing when I’m home for about a week now. Very annoying. Fix it!
StanMB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I experienced the same issue. Arlo switches to arm when leaving the zone but does not switch to disarm when returning to home zone. I tested it by turning on the in/out of zone alert. The system notified me when I’m returned to home zone but it doesn’t automatically switch to disarm mode even the system recognized the device is at home.
zl99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am really frustrated with Geofencing mode also, it doesn't update in zone or out of zone sometimes, so I have to turn it off occasionally, This looks very simple fix in Arlo app, and why NetGear can't fix it for such long time? And sometimes even the zone mode is correct, but it gives incorrect arm/disarm state. Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve-M
Star
Star

To add to the discuss and I guess this is a global arlo issue. I am having the same problem.  The app tells me that I arrive home, however, the system remains armed.  So I have to manually disable it.  Not good.