Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

932 REPLIES 932
Teesea
Guide
Guide
BillTHollins,
Totally agree. Their test plan is completely inadequate. When geofencing didn’t work previously I used Life360 and IFTTT to arm / disarm Arlo. That worked fine apart from not being able to set the Home mode to Schedule.
Gubster
Initiate
Initiate
I have a 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras setup with my wife’s and my own iOS devices.

Our experience with geofencing has been somewhat mixed with someone stable period a couple of versions back and quite a lot of issues lately. However, since the latest update - 2.7.9 - geofencing has been somewhat useless and the usual tricks (removing and re-adding devices, resetting location etc.) does seem to do more than fix things for a few minutes this time.
Currently, although both devices are recognized as (in zone) after a short while alerts comes raining in and mode switch to Armed.
Non of the devises are in energy saving mode or have any restrictions turned on related to location access.

Anyone else facing this issue?
LodonArloUser
Guide
Guide

Looks like there must have been an update - because the erratic behavior with the geofencing is back.

Arlo - please please please get some proper testing in place.

Adrian1234
Guide
Guide

Thanks Jeffreyperez000. Unfortunately your suggestion did not work. Still cannot get LiveChat to work. Tried a different PC and waiting a long time.

Philip85
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone else having issues with the App? Since they released a new update mine is not working properly. Isn’t arming/disarming when it should.
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

Boy, I am so sick and tired of the constant issues with my system.  Yet again, geofencing is broken.  It detects us leaving but not arriving.  Only if I disarm and then go back to geofencing does it realize we are home.  I know there is another thread on this with folks having same issue using version 2.7.9.  Why does this keep happening?   Are there real professional programmers working on this or just amateurs?  I am a professional programmer and cannot for the life of me understand how software that is clearly broken continues to get released and then take months to fix it.

I have a pool vendor who cleans and services my pool ask about my cameras as he's seen a video I took with an arlo 2 and he was going to go purchase a system, however, I steered him clear of Arlo and gave him a number of reasons why and now he is no longer considering Arlo.  I felt I owed it to him to be honest with him about all the issues I and others are and continue to have with this system.  I will continue to steer people away until such time this company actuall gives a damn, responds to customer complaints, software suggestions and generally acts like they care.

HB1234
Tutor
Tutor
My geofencing is turning on when I leave the radius, however when I return to the radius, it’s acknowledging that through the alerts I’m receiving, however I will walk INSIDE my house and it will still be in “arm” mode, instead of going back to the scheduled mode that’s been set. This just started happening in the last could of weeks. (Yes, I have reset everything/troubleshooted). I’ll go to the app, see that my phone is still showing me down the street, but it will then update my phone as being at my address (so there is a mapping delay on Arlos side), but still not automatically disabling geofencing back to “home mode”....even though it’s saying Im within home radius.
markjericho
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem as everyone else after the update. Arlo regression testing is definitely lacking since they always break existing functionality with each update.

GUSBETNA
Initiate
Initiate

SAME ISSUE:

Im using version 2.7.9 with iOS 12.3.1. My geofencing works when I leave the house but doesn’t disable when I return home.

Arlo Q

Any solution to this?

tk

Jeffreyperez000
Tutor
Tutor
I did live chat on my iPhones web broswer. Either with safari or chrome.
GUSBETNA
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. Any fix for this? Tk

StaceyH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I, too, am having the same issues as everyone else. Arms when in away mode but does not switch back to disarmed when I return. Hopefully, there is a fix very soon.
ptruong67
Aspirant
Aspirant

same problem here   GEOFENCING does not go back to Home mode when I come back into the house

yen2
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same problem. Geofencing has been pretty stable just been this version too.
jkyoo97
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here..

iOS 12.2

With 2.7.7, it became unreliable.. Sometimes working, sometimes not working.

With 2.7.9, it's reliably BROKEN. It NEVER comes back to "Home" mode when I get home.. (although it goes to "Away" mode when I leave home... at least for the past few days..).

T-Mon
Initiate
Initiate
This has been happening to me too. It’s quite frustrating. I love the camera, I love the geofencing feature, and I miss it working properly. Hopefully an app update will come out to fix it.
Diana6515
Guide
Guide

Happening to me as well. The shot of adrenalin I get upon entering my home and the extremely loud siren going off is quite an experience. lol

RachandRuss
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here - geofencing is not recognising when we return home so the cameras continue triggering until we manually switch modes.

Also using the microphone to communicate through camera is no longer ‘able to connect’ - any help would be appreciated...
RachandRuss
Initiate
Initiate
Lizziegforce
Initiate
Initiate
This is also occurring for me. I have to disarm every time I get home. It figures out to arm but not to disarm.
SwissEmber
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. The Geofencing on the Base Station was working fine until a few days ago, but now it won't switch back to Home mode, even though Arlo shows that my device is "Home".  

I also have an Arlo Q Plus that doens't use the Base Station. The Geofencing on this device works just fine.

There must have been some sort of update to the iPhone App or the Base Station software, that has given rise to this problem.

Please sort this out Arlo!

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm in the same situation

they did it again, rush out the codes without properly testing them, the latest firmware/app update broke Geofencing

search for Geofencing in the community forum, there are many people reporting the same problem since 20~21st May updates got pushed out.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

They did it again, rush out the codes without properly testing them, the latest firmware/app update broke Geofencing

Search for Geofencing in the community forum, there are many people reporting the same problem since 20~21st May updates got pushed out.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

They did it again, rush out the codes without properly testing them, the latest firmware/app update broke Geofencing

Search for Geofencing in the community forum, there are many people reporting the same problem since 20~21st May updates got pushed out.

there is no fix for this problem, will just have sit out until Arlo team recognize the problem and start working on a newer firmware/App

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

the latest firmware/app broke geofencing

there is no fix

can only wait until Arlo fix the problem