Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice

After tons of issues with my original arlo cameras I wasted more money buy getting the pros. After base station offline issues and geofencing (which is an absolute joke) not working, now the cameras revert to disarmed even when it clearly states away mode. Only way to get it to change back to armed is to go into geofencing setting and change away mode from armed to disarmed them back to armed. So I go who knows how long during the day with it saying away mode but not armed. It changes to disarmed by itself.

23 REPLIES 23
Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having this same problem. I'm sure some users are having the same problems. Just after the missing Mode problem was fixed another problem crops up. It seems to me that Arlo developers don't have a clue of whet they are doing and the customer support ignores all the complaints. Why is this company even surviving.

VikHeg
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue too.
jogearce
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. This issue makes Geofensing useless. It hard to recommend these cameras when theres bug after bug being found. Please invest more in your QA department.
dillon324
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the exact same issue and also not recognizing the second phone location without logging in.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Bah0482,

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information.

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can't believe it, you finally replied after 3 months to tell us that they are investigating this. How many months are you gonna tell us what they found out?

fishboy
Initiate
Initiate

It's been months now and I see no resolve, I am now having this same issue. They have about two days to fix this or cameras will be returned.

Pootle78
Star
Star
I’m also noticing this behavior, though it might be a symptom of a related bug with Geofencing plus Schedule setup not working. . I reported this issue nearly three weeks ago; and whilst acknowledged as a bug, still no timeline for a fix.
Basically, I would not assume that iOS notification “Geofencing is now in Away Mode” is actually Arming your system, until this is fixed.
Pootle78
Star
Star
I assume you are still seeing this issue? Hopefully others whk are experiencing this problem will reply on this thread to raise more awareness of this security issue and hopefully get more attention from Arlo to resolve.
davrog10
Tutor
Tutor

I have exact same issue. Tried all the proposed fixes (removing devices, setting to away and armed, etc.). It shows my device out of zone, but the away mode just stays disarmed even that there is clearly set to armed. This is a basic functionality, please arlo fix it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@davrog10

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Mf00926
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 cameras and use the schedule augmented by geofencing. I have used this particular solution for several weeks now, and thought it was working correctly. However, I have recently noted that when the second phone exits the geo zone, the cameras do not arm, but both phones register as being out of zone. Has there been any resolution to this correction?
TheGrayWolves
Guide
Guide
I'm adding my experience to this thread to raise awareness to the issue.

Like most of you here, I am completely frustrated with the Arlo Pro 2's geofencing feature.

I have a two camera system, one inside the home and the other outside.

When I leave home, the geofencing feature should activate the "Armed" mode, enabling both cameras.

When I arrive at home, the geofencing feature should activate a custom mode, enabling only the outside camera.

Whenever I leave or return home however, the faulty geofencing feature sets the cameras to the "Disarmed" mode leaving both cameras offline.

I have ensured that the software is up to date on all devices.

I have ensured that all devices have been reset and re-programmed.

Yet, I am still working with a system that does not perform as I need it to although advertised as being capable of doing so.

Arlo Customer Support Team - Please address this issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TheGrayWolves

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Pootle78
Star
Star
Customer support are well are of this and have been for months. I’ve been back and forth with them via email and still waiting for a date when they will release the fix.
TheGrayWolves
Guide
Guide
@ShayneS and the Arlo Support Team,

This thread has seen this issue continue to plague users for nearly a year at this point.

You've responded with the same statement to every user who has brought this exact issue to your attention time and time again.

At this point, the development team should be well aware of the geofencing issue and providing us with a timeline for a fix.

I would appreciate if you could highlight the importance of this issue to the development team so that we can see a resolution in the near future.

Thank you.
jogearce
Tutor
Tutor
This exactly. This is not a User error, even if it was, Arlo should be responsible of providing steps on how to fix it. This is not something Netgear can keep kicking down the road.
Pootle78
Star
Star
I see iOS App v2.7.5 was just released but no mention in the releasenotes about a fix for this bug. Can Arlo confirm?
Or have any users updated yet and noticed if the problem still exists and/or if any new issues were I introduced with this version?
TheGrayWolves
Guide
Guide
@Pootle78,

I downloaded the updated version of the iOS application as well and will be waiting for Arlo Support to let us know if the geofencing issues have been addressed in this revision.
TheGrayWolves
Guide
Guide
Based on my experience after the update, the geofencing issue does not appear to have been addressed.

When I leave my home, the system successfully enters the "Armed" mode, enabling both my interior and exterior cameras.

When I return home, the system should enter a custom "Front Yard" mode, enabling my exterior camera only while disabling my interior camera.

Instead, the system simply enters the "Disarmed" mode.

To correct this, I have to manually select the "Armed" mode, followed by the "Geofencing" mode in order for the system to enter the "Front Yard" mode it should have automatically switched to.

Arlo Support Team - Please, at the very least, work as a communications liaison between the development team and your forum community. Let us know that this issue is actively being worked on and give us a timeline for a fix.
Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same problem. I have a case no and Arlo hasn't responded or reached out to me. This Geofencing showing disarmed when away or home does not help at all. I cannot recommend Arlo to anyone because of this security problem.