Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
chocdb
Guide
Guide

We both have an iPhone 8 plus running 12.0.1 with the latest Arlo app.

Things have taken a turn for the worse again over the past couple of days, both phones show as "Unavailable" within geofencing so we are back to square one.

Netgear, you should be ashamed of the product you have put out here, its a complete joke!!!......

42 REPLIES 42
Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sigh. Bought this system two years ago and nothing but problems.

Yet again, geofencing is no longer working. Both devices are unavailable.

Yes, spent hours reading this forum and trying all suggestions. Removed users, saved, reinstalled app, added again etc etc. Changed iphone name, removed apostrophe etc etc.

So unbelievably frustrating. Is there ANY solution out there?

Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same exact problem (after years of this problem popping up constantly.

Nothing I do, or any of the measures suggested here, work. We don't even use Arlo now because of it. Just sits there as an expensive waste of space.

boimdijogja
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have this problem too

chocdb
Guide
Guide

Its is nothing short of highway robbery!!....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Gatherer, boimdijogja

What devices are you using & what OS are you running?

Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide
My Geo fencing worked for months and now it doesnt work at all on either phones. Both of my phones say out of zone when we both are in the house. I did the instructions on other forums and now they say unavailable. Arlo needs to get on top of this ASAP.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Phantomstarrh,

Do you currently have any power saving settings on the phone? Have you checked to see if there are any special characters in the phones names?

Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant
IPhone 8 Plus. Latest software update.

No special characters, no power saving features
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

If you are on iPhone, make sure you are running on the latest iOS version and go to the iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Make sure that your "Allow Location Access" for Arlo is on "Always." If it is, try to toggle off and on for the Location Services. Turn it back on about a few minutes later.

For Android, make sure you are running on the latest OS version and try to toggle the location off from your phone settings and turn it back on a few minutes later. 

Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide

I have no power saving mode on either phones and there is no unique characters in either names of the phones.

Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide

I went through all the steps that you have posted and both phones still say unavailable in the geo fencing area.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Phantomstarrh,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide

Thank you 

Ekimmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone solved the geofencing problem or has anyone been in touch with Netgear and if so any help 

Mike

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ekimmike,

What is the issue you are experiencing with Geofencing?

Ekimmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone and iPad with the app downloaded on both of them.When I go to the app on the iPad it shows that the iPad is in the zone but shows the iPhone is unavailable when I look on the iPhone it shows exactly the same so it is not picking up the iPhone. It is the iPhone we want to use for geofencing .Location services is enabled in both cases .Any help would be appreciated so that the cameras are activated automatically 

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ekimmike,

What iOS is your ipad & iphone running? have you updated to 12.1 and tested again?

Ekimmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes we are running the latest 12.1on both 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ekimmike,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue & opening a case? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Teesea
Guide
Guide

What has worked for me is to launch Arlo on the phone that is showing Unavailable in Geofencing. Go to the Mode tab and switch out of Geofencing mode to Disarmed and then go back to Geofencing. This has caused Arlo to establish the correct location of the device i.e. either In or Out of Zone.

chocdb
Guide
Guide

Doesnt work for me....

Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide
That did not work for me still says unavailable
Phantomstarrh
Guide
Guide
Yes I have they opened a case and suppose to be working on it and getting back to me but I have not heard back from support
Teesea
Guide
Guide

Hi Phantomstarrh,

What is the operating system of your phone(s) - iOS or Android? and what version of the Arlo app are you running?