Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
Franknbear58
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my experience exactly 50% of the equipment failed within 6 months and support was not supportive.

Franknbear58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems any "Arlo Community" questions about problems I have tried to search,  result only in year-old reports that have "been closed due to inactivity" which, I am sure is just bull**** from ARLO/Netgear trying to hide the many problems.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

So far I was effected by the last major glitch where Arlo/Netgear system where base and cameras were inoperative. Then the app problem where if you checked your cameras or responded to an alert, the app said "timed-out" and required closing the app and signing back in.

Also Arlo support phone contact which I called 2x's and was put on hold a few times on both calls incured a $33.00 cell phone bill. (No mention from Arlo under the Canadian page site there is a long distant charge.

As a disabled person with just over 2 months owning this Arlo Pro 5 camera system, I am dissapointed.

I am unable to climb ladders to remove cameras for these "fixes" that may require several "syncing" attempts.

I would suggest that until Arlo/Netgear remedies these ongoing problems from the multiple complaints lodge that other security systems be considered, and ones with tech support phone lines for those like myself who require a person to explain remedies, rather than the long drawn out back and forth emailings.

Hope this helps any future purchase query of potential buyers.