Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary

looks like the cameras is still in the mode they were in when the system went down...bummer.

sn0wballz
Star
Star
Maybe it is down because they’re adding homekit support lmao
I_See_U
Tutor
Tutor

Seems like it may be working on and off now?

deasurviellance
Aspirant
Aspirant

will the cameras automatically reset? im going out of town today and wont be able to reset them

kikstand
Guide
Guide

See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Database-service-is-currently-down/m-p/1520788#M32395

It's all related. Server is down we assume. Lots of people having this issue across the world.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired
Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team
____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
jboja
Tutor
Tutor

Why is there no official statement from Netgear/Arlo on this issue? Bad customer experience. Is that usually so when the service is down?

jboja
Tutor
Tutor

ok, finally a response

paular8706
Aspirant
Aspirant

I could do that, but will it let me see camera status, etc?  I don't think so.

jpfromoc
Initiate
Initiate

Still down in So Cal

kikstand
Guide
Guide

From another thread, same issue:

BretD
Community Manager

Re: Database service is currently down...
Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team
____
bob058
Aspirant
Aspirant
gr8wrk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been able to log in via laptop and get to the live feed, had to keep clicking on the Live button but eventually the video feed worked.  Still down on my cell phone though.

amberhettinger2
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo won't allow me to disarm my cameras and when I try it says it's available but it's still recording. I've tried calling customer support and was on hold for over 35mins. They need to get better service for how expensive their crappy cameras are. I have more problems then they work. Will never recommend them to anyone. 😡
CptDirty
Guide
Guide

Bret, 

You gotta give us more information. Was this an attack on the service? Was this a failure of the system? Was this due to severe weather conditions on your data center? (IDK how...). 

We know the service is down, clearly there's thousands of people on online forums, and we can only logically assume that you are working on it but no reason has been given as to WHY this is happening. 

We deserve to know. 

Arlo advertises that:

"Peace of Mind. Anytime. Anywhere.

With brilliant HD video quality, two-way audio, live streaming, free cloud recording, instant alerts, and other smart features, the Arlo family of smart security cameras lets you watch over what you love from every angle, indoors and out, day and night"

Currently it is well into the day (10:16 AM EST on 08 MARCH 2018) and I (among many others) don't have peace of mind, everywhere. From NA to EU....

Thank you! 

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

7:21am PST . . . Still down in Las Vegas. 

Soulman1963
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same problem in NJ

Jan1972
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also in The Netherlands its not wokring at 16:30

emontgomery
Initiate
Initiate

ARLO Management need to routinely send out an email to all registered users notifying them when the basestation is down and when it is expected to be back in service.

Susaneliza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn’t buy $3,000.00 worth of equipment for it to go down.  This is not a security system.....I have spent more time resetting, resyncing, troubleshooting, I wouldn’t recommend these to my enemies.

sorry for the inconvenience....are you kidding.  It’s a breeches security....and your sorry

i want my monies back

tvapks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here in Puerto Rico is down too
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

It just came back up for me.

* Short lived - it's down again.

Soulman1963
Tutor
Tutor

CALLED ARLO-SAID THEY ARE "WORKING ON THE PROBLEM" WILL SEND AN EMAIL WHEN RESOLVED. I TOLD THEM I HOPE I DONT GET ROBBED IN THE MEANTIME UGH

Susaneliza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want my money back....how do I do this

mickmodel
Aspirant
Aspirant

System is down in Texas as well.