Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot stop notifications

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Strawdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a 4 camera Arlo pro. Set up and adjustment of the cameras as far as detection and image went fine. My problem is I do not want to push notifications or have email alerts at all to 1 or 2 cameras. I want to use them to check on my pets from time to time during the day. When I go to edit rule screen for the cameras I check when motion is detected, then I check do nothing,  then it will not allow me to uncheck both push notifications  email alerts at the same time. The save button in the top right corner is grey not green when they are both unchecked and as a result will not respond or allow it to be saved. If I close the screen it defaults back to the previous setting. I have a iphone 7 with ios 10.3.2

I think there must be a bug in the firmware for IOS

I called customer support  but the person was nice but the translation/comprehension was lacking. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

41 REPLIES 41
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you editing your modes? All settings are in there.

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I can change email addres, but cant find where do disable the email-notifications... se pic

brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

Go into the App. Click on the Mode Icon.

Click on the green pencil on the Armed Mode. That will take you to the Edit Rules page.

Each camera in your system will have a Rule associated with it. For each rule, click on the green pencil to the right of each rule.

Scroll down until you see the Notifications section and then deselect the email notification.

Don't forget to hit save at the top right of the page.

Do the same for each Rule.

Brian

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply, but I cant find any of your suggested settings...

brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

Are you the owner of the account, or have you been invited to join the account by someone else. If so, maybe they did not grant you access to make these changes.

Brian

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no Green Pencil (no pencils anywhere).

Just installed this 2 days ago, with the latest update, maybe we dont have the same admin-system...?

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im the onwer, yes

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

picture

Skarmklipp.JPG
brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

What mobile phone are you using?

I am on an iPhone 6.

Can you log into your account from a PC?

In your account on a PC the green pencils have been replaced by arrows to the right of the text.

Your picture won't be available for viewing until someone from Arlo approves it.

Brian

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iphone 7

Yes I can log in on PC, but no arrows, 

ok, you cant se pictures

brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

Click on the Mode Icon at the top of the page.

Click on the arrow to the right of the Armed Mode. That will take you to the Edit Rules page.

Each camera in your system will have a Rule associated with it. For each rule, click on the word Edit to the right of each rule.

Scroll down until you see the Notifications section and then deselect the email notification.

Don't forget to hit save at the top right of the page.

Do the same for each Rule.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

OK. I didn't get your latest post in time. You say there are no arrows. I will look for a solution for this.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are FAQs here with full details on how to create and edit your modes. Quickly, click on the Mode tab at the top. Select your base station. All modes will then be presented, including the default Armed mode. That's where you click on the pencil or ">" icon to edit the mode. Each mode will have rules for your cameras. I suggest checking out the Armed mode but then create your own custom modes so you have full control. The Armed mode is just to get you going as well as for troubleshooting.

Again, the FAQs give you step-by-step directions.

brh
Master
Master

@eTiger67

In your pc Account click on the Settings icon and scroll down to the Words Grant Access. What do you see there.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@jguerdat

eTiger67 says that in the app he has no pencils and on the pc he has no arrows. It appears he has something messed up in the Grant Access section or in the Account setup.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

He states he's the owner. The pictures aren't showing him in the Mode tab at all.

eTiger67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello eveyone who tries to help, very appriciated!

I found the settings now, (I even found the 'arrows', > ).

Very confusing GUI though. But the main thing of my missinterpretation  is because I have swedish settings on PC and app.

Fixt it! Thanks again all!

/tiger