Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera recording angle

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jakgar12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been researching the Arlo cameras and found a review that states that they cannot record a straight on approach, it has to be a side to side motion. Is this correct and if so, how does one monitor the front door as that is how one approaches?
4 REPLIES 4
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've got my front door cam about 12" to the left of the door. Picture attached from the other days flower delivery. Have not missed a notification.
Jakgar12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the feedback. And props for flower delivery 😊
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jakgar12 wrote:
I have been researching the Arlo cameras and found a review that states that they cannot record a straight on approach, it has to be a side to side motion. Is this correct and if so, how does one monitor the front door as that is how one approaches?

Not  correct , while it is true the cam has an easier job seeing motion accross the FOV than straight in, the cam will still detect straight on. It just takes a bit longer ( talking a second ).

BTW, the Pro has pretty good detection , the original Arlo was a bit slower.

( like above posted pic, the cam is positioned a bit off center )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, the Arlo Pro is pretty good with the motion detection compared to the original Arlo HD. It can detect objects moving directly towards the camera but it's not quite a good. With a camera above my front door to capture faces, I have a second camera at 90 degrees on a fence. Both of these cameras not only record on motion but they trigger each other to record as well via 4 rules in a custom mode. This, combined with fine tuning of motion sensitivity, gives me excellent coverage and recording of people and vehicles in the area of the front door