Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot save schedule

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

when I am thru scheduling my cameras, the save button does not light up, so i can't save my settings

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect you may be trying to set a time that passes through midnight.  If that's true, set two time periods that stop and start at midnight.  For instance:

8:00PM-11:59PM

12:00AM-8:00AM

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the schedule, where there is no save button, or your modes?

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the schecduling section, it lets me put the schedule in but I can't save it, am I doing something wrong

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect you may be trying to set a time that passes through midnight.  If that's true, set two time periods that stop and start at midnight.  For instance:

8:00PM-11:59PM

12:00AM-8:00AM

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow  simple, thanks

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it, I dont have to turn the cameras on do I,they will come on with the schedule  right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As long as you haven't turned them off in Settings, the modes will follow the schedule and the cameras will follow the rules in your modes.
Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I have the schedule set, turned the cameras on in settings, they won't go as scheduled, did I mess something up

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe a screenshot of your modes and schedule would be useful.  If the modes have rules for the cameras and are used in the schedule, it should just work.  Try a base power cycle just to be sure.

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't understand any of that,

heres wha I did:

set schedule up and saved it

turned cameras on

after that I am lost.

what else do I do, please keep it simple, I am not very sharp with computers I am suprised I got this far

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh yea, I don't understand what are rules everybody talks about?

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not getting it,

set schedule  8 pm to 11:59 pm on

12:00am to 8 am on

turned cameras on

still won't record

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you select the schedule to run? Are the running men for each camera black or gray when the schedule should have them active?
Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow   you went way over my head, little gray men?  I don't understand any of that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Look at the Devices tab. Each camera has a running Man icon that changes color according to what's going on. Black means it's seemed and ready to record. Gray means it's disarmed. Amber means it's recording. This is all explained in the FAQs here - time for you to do some reading and investigation.
Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow sorry to bother you,

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

My appologies for last remark, I found the little man, it has no color, I looked for info, can't find anything,

My cameras are set to go on at 8:00pm, and off at 8:am, is that why there is no color on the little man.

If not how do I turn the little man off.

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ment on

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After all the above, I assume you have the section through midnight broken into two sections, one from 8PM to 11:59PM and another from 12:00AM to 8AM in your schedule? If so, the running men should be black ONLY in those time periods - between 8AM and 8PM they should be gray.

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is correct

Hondo49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have another clue, when I go to library, there is only one camera that recoreds, is that any help.

I have checked everything else, Im stumped

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Opening a case with support will get you going a whole lot faster than this Internet back and forth. I'd call or use chat to eliminate the lag with emails. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.