Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot find "Sign In Settings" @ https://my.arlo.com. Received device limit reached.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Slolearner
Star
Star

I always access my cameras via a WIN10 pc @https://my.arlo.com

At sign in there are options to TRUST or DON'T TRUST

Every time I select TRUST there is a red warning across the top of the page:

Device limit reached! To add another device go to Sign In Settings, and remove a device; then try again.

BTW For someone that wants to be able to Arm and Disarm frequently throughout the day, Two Factor Authentication Sucks.

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Slolearner wrote:

Every time I select TRUST there is a red warning across the top of the page:

Device limit reached! To add another device go to Sign In Settings, and remove a device; then try again.

What browser are you using?

Slolearner
Star
Star

Firefox 90.0.2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Slolearner wrote:

Firefox 90.0.2

It might be useful to see if you get the same thing with Chrome (or maybe Safari or Edge).

How many devices are in your trusted device list?

Slolearner
Star
Star

How would I know "How many devices are in your trusted device list?"

Re: Cannot find Sign In Settings

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Slolearner wrote:

How would I know "How many devices are in your trusted device list?"

Re: Cannot find Sign In Settings

Got to Settings then profile then "Two step verification". 

Slolearner
Star
Star

There are no devices listed on that page.

The page: https://my.arlo.com/#/two-step-verification only has the following statements along with my email address, a check mark to the right and option to Add Another Method.
Two-Step Verification
Select a primary verification method
EMAIL ADDRESS

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Slolearner,

You should see "Trusted Devices" on the Two-Step Verification as shown from the image below (blurred out the names for privacy issue). Also try checking through the Arlo Android/iOS app to see if you're able to see the listed "Trusted Devices".

2FA.png

Slolearner
Star
Star

Thank You for the picture.

Here is a screen shot of what I see. Also, I do not have either android or ios device.

ARLO.JPG

Slolearner
Star
Star

Sorry but for some reason my uploaded picture did not show in my reply.

second attempt to upload screen shot

ARLO.JPG

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue where you're receiving that error and not seeing the "trusted device" list under Two-Step Verification. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Slolearner
Star
Star

UPDATE

• In reply to this thread, JessicaP recommended I open a support case. I did 8/2/2021 #42629217
    • Awaiting response.
  • I have also bought two new iphones . One for me and one for my wife.
  • We both have downloaded the arlo app to our new phones. Prior to these new phones, she also only used a win10 computer to access the arlo app through firefox.

Now when I  access via the win10 firefox arlo app there is a push notification to my iphone for NEW authentication.

• I accepted to this through the iphone app and my win10 firefox browser window changed to the TRUST or NOT page.
  • I selected TRUST and the app opened on my computer, (it also logged me off the iphone with msg that I had logged on elsewhere)
  • When I look in my PROFILE TWO-STEP VERIFICATION, the only trusted device is the iphone
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Slolearner   Even after trusted the web page on a PC it only shows my phone as trusted also. I believe it is is since the PC in just temporary for 14 days and the phone is permanent. The PC is trusted though until that expires later.