Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app on iPhone failed logging in about a week ago or so.  

Arlo legacy works fine (still!), my.arlo.com works fine

Re-login/re-boot/re-install doesn't help

Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Solution by @JessicaP seems to be not present in her post/link:

Try clicking "View solution in original post" lol/mad

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Unable-to-log-in-the-app-Getting-quot-Your-request-timed-ou...

71 REPLIES 71
prooutfitters
Guide
Guide

Now I found where is a problem! Just read the reviews from the App itself. It seems like Russia - country where I live, - is switched off from the Arlo App system. I hope this is just kind of mistake! I don't like to think, that in 21 century someone trying discrimination on just a country principle. Kind of "you are bastards, because you live there"... With my money paid for the Arlo set, I did supported them, so does many people out of Russia (as I see in the reviews), and now we are just "turned off" from the service. Thank you very much to sell your useless staff to people out of here! You should tell it, while you are selling, that this sets are working only for "white people"... Put the sign "AMERICA ONLY" to the selling booths!     

Again: I hope (and wish Arlo hopes as well)  this is just a mistake and Arlo can correct it...

kriegermert
Tutor
Tutor

I have same problem already 4-5 months. When i use vpn on my iphone i can log in but without vpn cant login. They block arlo app in Russia.

Cr0ss
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Support, is there a way to add non-blocked IP addresses to login procedure? Or is there a way to get IP list from you? Will try to send the list to our Rospotrebnadzor.

ElenaR
Star
Star
Well, can you help me with Rospotrepnadzor ? I can send them in russian language the letter, but i need your help in this. Better gonna be if you make an Official letter from your company and ask them to unlock for customers the arlo app. Hope for the help !
ElenaR
Star
Star
Totally support this! I am from russia and using arlo for years already and now i am upset because of some stupid issues and noone from “official arlo” is really helping with a work of knew app in russia.
ElenaR
Star
Star
Guys, how long more months you gonna investigate the problem? Your New app is blocked since 4 months in russia. Please deal with it as soon as possible. You have a lot of unhappy costumers in russia. If it’s rospotrebnadzor is blocking i can help with russian language. Just do already something!!!!!!!
AdamVR
Tutor
Tutor
ElenaR
Star
Star
Who are “they”? Arlo or Rospotrep blocked?
AdamVR
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo

ElenaR
Star
Star
Dear Arlo Support, that’s very adult not to answer and ignore you russian customers for half a year just because they are russians. Unblock russia or inform officially the unwanted countries and races. Nice that you get money from us and don’t support. If it’s because you don’t like my president, well, guess what, i don’t like him either. With your sanctions against me you don’t help anyone but him. It’s just been childish. Disappointed 😔
RomanSyrykh7777
Initiate
Initiate
Hello. I can't log in to the Arlo app. Writes the error "your request timed out"". What should I do?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RomanSyrykh7777,

What phone device are you using? Is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data?

klim123123
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem! Please ARLO! HELP!!! WHY????????????

RomanSyrykh7777
Initiate
Initiate

Hello. I use my iPhone. I tried both with wifi and phone connection. I live in Russia
ElenaR
Star
Star
It happens on any device , wifi or cellular and you , arlo, just ignore problem in Russia since half a year. Start helping
ElenaR
Star
Star
Hi JesiccaP,
i m wondering if i can get your attention and answer on Russia problem with Arlo support? Would i be ignored forever?
Sincerely yours unhappy russian customer
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this issue. The Arlo development team is still investigating this issue. We'll be sure to provide an update as soon as we have any information/update to share with the community.

RobSas
Initiate
Initiate

Please could you provide an update - the problem persists and it is not a viable solution to have to switch on a VPN to access one's cameras. 

AdamVR
Tutor
Tutor

Урааа! Заработало без впн

Cr0ss
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately not. Beeline/Moscow, ios version. Did it work after app update? Ios/android?
klim123123
Initiate
Initiate

It's just works! Thank you! Only two years.....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Community,

After extensive investigation by the Arlo development team, it has been determined that Arlo is not restricting access for Russian users and there are no bugs or issues with the Arlo mobile app that prevent users in Russia from successfully logging in. For any users who continue experiencing this issue, we encourage you to contact your network administrator or ISP to further investigate.

Thank you,

Arlo Team