Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't log in on iOS for more than a week - request times out in Russia

Discussion stats
WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app on iPhone failed logging in about a week ago or so.  

Arlo legacy works fine (still!), my.arlo.com works fine

Re-login/re-boot/re-install doesn't help

Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Solution by @JessicaP seems to be not present in her post/link:

Try clicking "View solution in original post" lol/mad

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Unable-to-log-in-the-app-Getting-quot-Your-request-timed-ou...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Community,

After extensive investigation by the Arlo development team, it has been determined that Arlo is not restricting access for Russian users and there are no bugs or issues with the Arlo mobile app that prevent users in Russia from successfully logging in. For any users who continue experiencing this issue, we encourage you to contact your network administrator or ISP to further investigate.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi WTF_2,

Just to be sure, are you receiving an error saying "Your request timed out"? Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data? And what iPhone are you using?

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for engaging the topic.

Yes, "Your request timed out". Yes, on both wifi and cellular. iPhone 8 plus..

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to log out of the legacy Arlo app (and uninstall if possible) and also uninstall the new Arlo app and reboot your iPhone and try re-installing the new Arlo app to see if that helps it out. 

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm concerned you suggested to "try", legacy app is at least still working and I don't want to loose ability to check my cameras from the phone if offered attempt doesn't work))

Do you have an idea what could happen so that new app suddenly started showing this error? I haven't upgraded anything, it looks like smth have changed on server side

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would say to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed new Arlo app on another Apple device - same sht, installed legacy app (thnx god it's still available) - it works

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been loyal for several years and bought 8 cameras. With the new app (and I don't know what changes behind) stopped working and  receiving bul*hit from support not willing to investigate...
That's a shame, see response from support below.

"it looks like there is only an issue within Russia at the moment and as we do not have support for Russia"

App was working (actually legacy app is still working). It stopped working not after update, looks like some changes on server side. 

So company did something that working product stopped working and now saying it's ok, that's how it's supposed to be...

-----

Dear Michael,

Thank you for sending us your email. We will do our best to support you through this query.

Your case number is: 41325104

As I understand your are facing some issue regarding your Arlo app and logging in.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is only an issue within Russia at the moment and as we do not have support for Russia there is no resolution to this problem right now.

There will soon be an update on iOS app you can try if that resolves your problem but I cannot assure you it will work.

The Support we have available : https://www.arlo.com/uk/support/contact.aspx?

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely

Arlo Support

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @WTF_2 - I'm going to dig into this with the team. As part of our split from Netgear, some things obviously did change between the apps - let me see if your input here helps us identify what's being blocked. 

Based on this thread, it's fair to assume your Arlo system is in Russia, right? 

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @ArloAlex , I hope it's possible to solve this issue
Yes, system is in Russia, also system itself is working fine. 

Problem is only with logging in from new app, which was working and than at some point (2-3 weeks ago) started showing this timeout error (same from different devices), and legacy app is working fine with the same network connection from the same devices, reboot/reinstall etc. All ISPs I've tried (and Arlo app is giving this error) are in Russia. 

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for this clarification, @WTF_2 !

Knowing the timeframe is VERY helpful (ie, the new "Arlo" app worked fine in November for you, but it sounds like ~December 1 is when it STOPPED working (whereas the "Arlo Legacy" app is still fine for you, throughout all of this).

We are chasing some theories on our side - I'll DM you here if the team has specific questions based on their investigation. 

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

One more clarification, please, @WTF_2  - you are able to login successfully from my.arlo.com , correct? 

slaik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I can’t using app from Russia, sign in not work and then I signed in via vpn, I can sign in back to app after close vpn connection
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ask your ISP or government. Some countries cause problems due to Internet restrictions.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slaik wrote:
Hello, I can’t using app from Russia, sign in not work and then I signed in via vpn, I can sign in back to app after close vpn connection

Can you manually set the phone's DNS server?  8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 might allow you to connect.

slaik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, on cellular and WiFi, work only by vpn, request look like doesn’t sending, because I have this error very fast
fred7157
Star
Star

Hi There, 

Go into settings, then notifications, then Arlo and enable badge notifications. 

This worked for me on multiple devices. 

fred7157
Star
Star

I agree...I have a camera over my garage door, this camera has been working fine for 3 years. It's an Arlo Pro and the battery dies after 2 days now. Nothing has changed in my environment. And then the slow login process iwth the new app, but luckily there is a fix for that. 

WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update:
New app is working via WiFi (thanks) and not yet via cellular
UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Arlo Support,

I am the US expatriate who lives and works in Russia, while my cameras are in the States.  The app is not functional out of Russia, please fix.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey UnhappyArlUser,

What phone device are you using? And what iOS version and Arlo app version are you running on your phone device? Are you experiencing this issue on WiFi and/or cellular data? And are you receiving any error when trying to use the Arlo app?

UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Hey, I am using iPhone XS Max, software version 13.3, can't tell you Arlo app version as I cannot log in. Yes, the issue is on the both.  The error message I am getting is no different to what other unhappy users of Arlo in Russia are facing: Your request timed out.  Please help.

UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo shows no interest whatsoever to help and resolve the issue. Regret I've invested over $1K.

UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Arlo Community and Arlo itself, 

Writing to express my appreciation as the issue is now solved.  Thanks folks.

AndroidArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant