Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
WTF_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app on iPhone failed logging in about a week ago or so.  

Arlo legacy works fine (still!), my.arlo.com works fine

Re-login/re-boot/re-install doesn't help

Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Solution by @JessicaP seems to be not present in her post/link:

Try clicking "View solution in original post" lol/mad

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Unable-to-log-in-the-app-Getting-quot-Your-request-timed-ou...

71 REPLIES 71
UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Not working under wifi.  Cellular data only, which is a breakthrough, but still...

RobSas
Initiate
Initiate

For the past couple of months access to cameras via the app (iphone) is impossible except when using a VPN when located in Russia. Via the web browser there is no issue.  I think this may relate to requirements to store data on servers in Russia - in any case would be grateful for a solution. 

ElenaR
Star
Star

Hello, my app stopped working within the country, can’t logg in, it’s writing “you request timed out”. but when i am abroad App works and i can logg in.
Model No. vms3430
How to make it work? Can’t logg in .(

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the web access ??

https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ElenaR
Star
Star
Yes, i tried web access. I changed there e mail/password but i did not help. I still can’t logg in.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What country? Is it possible the ISP and/or country is blocking access? If so, you'd likely need to use a VPN if they don't block that also.

ElenaR
Star
Star
I am in Moscow Russia and noone is blocking an access. It worked properly 3 years until now. My neighbors have also arlo and it works.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting any notification of videos being recorded? WHat are the LEDs on the base showing?  Have you tried both WiFi and cell service as well as a different WiFi? Have you tried rebooting and reinstalling the app? How about using a different mobile device?

UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

The junk stopped working again.  I do not know what you're doing and how you are manipulating with this easily resolvable issue.  Worst customer support ever.  Very disappointing... 

ElenaR
Star
Star
On any iphone In my family new app (green bird) does not work. It writes “your request timed
Out”. On my fathers app there is also an old app (arlo legacy) and it works. No idea how to make it work.
UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, Arlo support, any feedback?  May I suggest that you rename your company to "RLow" for a poor resolution of such a minor issue?  Thanks for nothing 

ElenaR
Star
Star
Yeah))) kind of no support at all with this problem. Should i throw away the cameras? Problem is probably in a new app..
Cr0ss
Tutor
Tutor
Same here - own pro 3 camera set and it is useless..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is still investigating this issue regarding users in Russia unable to log in to the Arlo app and receiving a "Your request timed out" error message. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ElenaR
Star
Star
Thank you for help. Just for the record: i am in germany at the moment and my app with a green bird works. My parents inside russia, their new app doesn’t work. Old one Arlo legacy works on my fathers iphone. Wierd 🤨
UnhappyArlUser
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on resolution? 

Cr0ss
Tutor
Tutor
Also waiting for any updates, but looks like nobody cares..
ElenaR
Star
Star
One month has past. Any news form IT Support?
Cr0ss
Tutor
Tutor
Support team, any news regarding the issue?
prooutfitters
Guide
Guide

Since more then half a year I can't log in to the Arlo App on my Android... I did asked trough the chat: waiting more than an hour to be connected. But didn't get an answer... The set is working, but I can access it only by web. And now in the "disarmed"-mode the Rec-button is disabled. At the beginning the access by the App use to work. But then, after many updates, it was locked. Always have a message "Ooops an error has accured. Try again."

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@prooutfitters wrote:

Since more then half a year I can't log in to the Arlo App on my Android...

Works here.

There was an Android update a day or so ago.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
prooutfitters
Guide
Guide

Made the new dowload yesterday! And today reinstalled again!

NOTHING works!

This App sucks!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Sounds like something odd at your end.

What Android device is this?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
prooutfitters
Guide
Guide

This is phone Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Android 10.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different device? It could be something about the Huawei implementation that is causing the issue or some piece of software (Internet security?) installed on the phone.