Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
IgorSan
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Can I use arlo pro cameras with arlo base station? I have 4 arlo cameras already and I want to add arlo pro.

Thank you

94 REPLIES 94
NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys,

Arlo + Arlo Pro + the new Arlo Pro 2 = completely compatible

Per the article I am linking below:

Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro, and Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free cameras and base stations are completely compatible with one another. In most cases, you can install your new Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 system without making any changes to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

Check out this link from NETGEAR's knowledge base:

https://kb.arlo.com/1163530/How-do-I-add-my-new-Arlo-Pro-system-to-my-existing-Arlo-Wire-Free-system

c0co_knucks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the regular Arlo kit that came with 2 Arlo wireless cameras and a base station (VMB3010) that plugs into my ethernet port on the back of my wifi router. I want to add on a camera or two, and really want the 2 way speaker and sound recording option, since the two Arlo cameras I have don’t have these features. The Arlo Pro & Arlo Pro 2 cameras have these features, but I am unsure if they will work as add ons to my base station. It looks like the base station that the Pro cameras are sold with is different than the VMB3010 station my Arlo cameras came with. Please help me out and let me know if they’re compatible with my base station. Thanks in advance for any help!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, you can add Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 to your system and it'll work fine. The only benefits of the Pro / Pro 2 base station are the USB backup recording, which is nice peace of mind in case the internet goes down, and the built in siren, which I never use. Everything else is the same. You can use the Pro / Pro 2 base station and add your original cameras to that if you decide you want to get a kit, if it works out cheaper that way. You can even run some cameras on one base and other cameras on another base as long as you don't have more cameras than your subscription level allows eg 5 cameras for free

Chrisde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I’m trying to figure out if the Arlo pro two is compatible with a Arlo system that I bought in 2015.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. ANy of the Arlo wireless cameras will work with any of the base stations.

Cynthiaandjosh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want the two way audio feature but I have the orginal arlo system can I get a arlo pro 2 camera and have it work with the arlo base station or do I have to get the whole New system??
manfredz
Hero
Hero

the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cams work with the original base station

dmascote
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I add Arlo Pro or Pro 2 add on cameras to my Arlo system? Can I use both types of cameras on my original Arlo router?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes and yes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
lvollmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

can you put a arlo pro camera with an arlo system?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. All Arlo wireless cameras will work with all Arlo base stations.

lvollmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

thankyou

c0co_knucks
Aspirant
Aspirant
amazing! thanks so much for your help!
rmtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to add 3 non-pro cameras to my Pro base. Will they connect?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

rmtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Will all the features work the same?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras will work with the features they have... obv you can't add audio to a camera that doesn't physically have it

The key is any of the arlo cameras will work with any of the arlo bases

Scotthouck1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you combine the Arlo pro and regular Arlo on the same system? For example can you have 1 pro camera and 2 regular ones all working through the pro base and app?
brh
Master
Master

Yes, I am doing that..

Brian

teddyb250
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo base station compatale with the newer medels, cameras, etc? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you can use any arlo camera on any base...

I've run Pro , Pro2 and Arlo all on the original arlo base

bshaw311
Aspirant
Aspirant

im looking to buy an arlo 2. I was wondering if i had two camerias and base station at my house. and take two other camerias and mount at my grandparents house. they have been wanting camerias but not all into electronics. If anyone can assist i will appreciate it .

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

So what’s your question? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras must connect to a base station via a dedicated WiFi connection. Unless your parents live right next door and can get a good signal from the base you'll have to buy a second base station to connect those 2 cameras to, using their home Internet connection. You can still access them from your own account.

brh
Master
Master

You will need another base station at their house. Remember that the maximum distance between the base and the cameras is only 300 feet. They will need to have internet access and set up their own accounts.

Brian