Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use arlo pro cameras with arlo base station?

Discussion stats
IgorSan
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Can I use arlo pro cameras with arlo base station? I have 4 arlo cameras already and I want to add arlo pro.

Thank you

94 REPLIES 94
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dib200000,

Yes, the original Arlo Wire-free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro base station.

JamesC

Arlo7764
Aspirant
Aspirant

They connect which is good from which i have read, so will it still be able to use the 2 way coms through motion sensor viewing on the standard Arlo Wire Free base station or is this also not going to work? as this is what id want it for.

~Arlo7764

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes. The difference is between bases, where the Pro base has a siren and USB storage. The Pro cameras lose none of their functionality on an original base.
NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:
Yes. The difference is between bases, where the Pro base has a siren and USB storage. The Pro cameras lose none of their functionality on an original base.

To add on to this. If you do use the siren please make sure that you read the instructions before you mess with it. It is very loud.

I'd recommend getting the Arlo Pro base station with the Arlo Pro cameras. But obviously it isn't a bad thing to do the latter since it works and you only lose a couple of nice features.

Beemer87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this base station, the VMB 3000 compatible with Arlo Pro?  I bought an Arlo Pro camera and I connected to this base station but I cannot do 2 way communication with it.  Thanks.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes it is compatible. I had 4 original Arlo Wirefree with original base station and added an Arlo Pro camera. I can do the 2-way comms through my phone app with the Arlo Pro camera. The phone app does require permission to use the phone's mic though

Wes70
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I add my older arlo cameras to my new arlo pro system
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Yes.
Wes70
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I do it
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
While I have not done it personally, you soukd be able to install then just like you did with the original cameras, but to the new base.

You might want to remove then from the old system by uninstalling then and then fully disconnecting the old base.

Im sure one of the experts will chime in with more details.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You already said it.  🙂

Any of the wireless cameras will sync with any of the base stations in the same manner.

billkrenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you sync and use an ARLO Pro camera with a regular base station or do you need an ARLO Pro base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any wireless camera can be used with either base station.

Usahqjcsin
Guide
Guide

Yes the cams will work, however, most notably the siren function will not work.  You will be able to hear the audio...

Fishkill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two days ago I bought the Smart Base Station with three cameras. Yesterday, I went to BestBuy and bought one Pro camera. Everything works fine, (I think). The Pro camera audio works. I can hear every sound from the camera I have mounted outside, at my front door. Outside, I can here audio when my wife talks on her phone, (holding the big green button down). The only thing we do not like is the walkie-talkie action. It looks like you can't have a conversation. You can't talk and listen at the same time. When I play the clip back, I can hear everything said outside, but nothing said into the smart phone. There are just blank audio spaces on the clip.

Jgaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the new Arlo Pro 2 camera work with the previous Arlo Pro base? Thanks!
doctorky1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the first generation Arlo system and am tired of replacing batteries in the wireless cameras.  I see there are wired (plug-in) camera options like the Arlo-Q, Pro and Pro 2.  Are all of these compatible with the standard Arlo base station and can be added to the system?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q doesn't use a base but all the wireless cameras work with any base.  Adding Pro cameras to your existing system is no problem.

Mattuhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,
Am I able to add on a Arlo Pro add-on camera to my existing Arlo Base (which is NOT Pro). ALSO, will all the features of a Pro work on it, specifically the 2 way speaker and alarm sound?

Thank you,
Jessie
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, all wireless cameras work with all bases.  Any feature found on the camera will work but those specific to the base, such as the siren, would require changing bases to one that has it built-in.

Mattuhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, for the info.
Will the 2 way speaker work on the Pro camera if it is connected to my non-Pro base?

Thanks!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

zd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have  a Arlo pro 2 - 4 camera system installed. Does the base support Arlo pro cameras if I want to add additional cameras to the system? Also how many cameras will the system support total ? 

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

zd1 wrote:

I have  a Arlo pro 2 - 4 camera system installed. Does the base support Arlo pro cameras if I want to add additional cameras to the system? Also how many cameras will the system support total ? 

Thanks.

The base can use the Arlo, Arlo Pro, and Arlo Pro2 cams.

The base can support a MAX of 15 cameras at the same time ( with 5 streaming at same time ).

This is of course base on your service level...Basic ( free) is 5 cams, next is paid level at 10 and max is paid level at 15

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------