Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide
This week, my cameras and recordings have disappeared 3 times from the app on my iPhone. The base station is still there. First time, they reappeared hours later. Yesterday, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and they came back. Today, they disappeared again. Tried delete/reinstall but no help. Still getting notifications. Working fine on iPad. Any ideas?
41 REPLIES 41
Usagiman
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly the same problem except when I tried deleting the app and downloading again but there was no change.  Strange but I am getting text messages that motion has been detected but since there are no devices I can not view the videos on my iphone BUT videos appear when I log in from my laptop. 

So it must be Iphone mobile app issues.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Usagiman wrote:

Exactly the same problem except when I tried deleting the app and downloading again but there was no change.  Strange but I am getting text messages that motion has been detected but since there are no devices I can not view the videos on my iphone BUT videos appear when I log in from my laptop. 

So it must be Iphone mobile app issues.

I haven't seen this at all. 

I'm wondering if you are connecting to your home network with WiFi or if you are using mobile data?  I've been WiFi connected.

I'll also wondering if this might depend on your location.  I'm in the US.

AC501
Aspirant
Aspirant

If your using a VPN try turn it off. It worked for me

AC501
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a similar problem and turned off my VPN.  So far, problem solved 

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

I’m connected through WiFi at home, in the US.  

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

Same here—I get the alerts but can’t view the videos, until I get to my iPad.  It’s OK at home but not when I’m away.  

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

No, I don’t have a VPN.  Thanks for the idea, though. 

Sparelink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue. I am not able to see camera on my app but can see them on the web portal. I first noticed this on 3/24. I have rebooted my base station and internet with no help. I pulled batteries from cameras with no help. I even factory reset my base station and added all camera again. I can see my audio door bell and chime with no issues. If someone presses the doorbell I get video recording on the app but cannot see any camera or recording any other time. I am getting regular notifications though.
JeeperCreeper
Initiate
Initiate

Same Issue. Updated the app. All cameras and recordings disappeared. Add "new device" and the base station found all of the cameras. Two days later, the app shows no devices or recordings. Added "new device" again, all the cameras and recordings came back. Very frustrating. I hope the support staff notices this trend and addresses it soon. 

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

Cameras and recordings all reappeared today and have stayed all day.  So far, so good.  This is the first day they have been on the app all day.  I’m hoping for the best ! 

Mcfrosty
Guide
Guide

Mine came back today and stayed!  

Sandroo
Star
Star

Same issue. Three of four cameras disappeared from Arlo app on iPad,  but are still visible on Arlo App on iPhone.  Note Apple just pushed another security update, I’m running iOS 14.4.1 on iPad 4 and the newly pushed 14.4.2 on iPhone 11 Pro Max. Could this be a compatibility issue?

I added the cameras again using the iPad.  They successfully added.  But still do not show in the app on iPad.  They do show on the Arlo app on iPhone, with new camera names create when I re-added these cameras using the iPad. To clarify: I successfully re-added the missing cameras using Arlo on iPad. They still do not show on iPad. But do show in IPhone, with new names I gave them when re-adding on iPad. 

i uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo app on iPad. Cameras still do not show. This appears to be a software issue?

Sandroo
Star
Star

Hellooooo... they’re Back! Just like that, tall 3 missing cameras reappeared on the iPad Arlo App. Have been gone for 3 days!! It’s a mystery.  I did start install process for Apple software update on iPad, to get the iPad up to the same latest version (14.4.2) as my iPhone. But it’s still downloading, has yet to install. 

Annoying mysteries are trademark Arlo. They come with the product. Believe me, several years experience and multiple posts to this community. It’s been Arlo software every single time. 

lew24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my Arlo Pro 2s. First noticed today. Still getting motion notifications, but no devices or recordings in the app. I have the most recent app version. Uninstalled app and re-installed, restarted phone (iPhone X) for good measure. No luck. Husband's Google Pixel 3 is working fine. So frustrating. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lew24

Do you have the latest version of OS installed on your device?

lew24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it just updated a few days ago

JeeperCreeper
Initiate
Initiate

I have the latest OS system also. Seems there may be a glitch (obviously) as i can start the app, the ARLO page comes up, then it switches to the page where you can select the base station or add devices. Then the red alert button pops up in the upper right corner. Sometimes this is where the app stops. But sometimes, the app then switches to the page to select devices, library, mode and settings at the bottom. Sometimes takes 2-4 seconds to make that last switch though. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you mind listing the model of the affected Phone/Devices as well as OS version & Arlo app version. 

Thank yuo

lew24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 cameras affected (all three that we have)

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station

iOS14.4.2

Arlo app version 3.1 (2105)

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Please stop asking for model numbers.  This is clearly an endemic issue.

Please fix this.

And better yet, since you are selling a "security" system, stop breaking it the first place.  I'll never buy another arlo again, what a terrible purchase.  Since I've owned these, they've been nothing but a headache.

Usagiman
Tutor
Tutor

Problem with app was corrected magically without me doing anything.  I figured it was an issue with the app update which was not fully tested. 

I wish Arlo would at very least post a message saying that they're having problems with certain models and apps whether desktop web app or mobile app. That way we can just wait it out without doing needless fixes ourselves which may have compounded the issue.

Thank you ,

Sandroo
Star
Star

It’s a feature, not a bug. Historically Arlo engineering pushes updates that are not fully tested for customer environments or use cases. Many customers are impacted, sometimes for weeks. Search this community and you’ll find example after example. It’s a serious, consistent culture flaw at Arlo engineering.  In my experience, customer = guinea pig. The community is the test environment. We detail what breaks, they eventually fix it, saying nothing. To us, it automagically starts working again. The software will fail over and over, frequency seems to be once or twice annually but has been better lately.  Enjoy the ride, tell your friends, it’s fun if you’re bored!

Sparelink
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB3500r4 base station and running 4 arlo pro cameras. Running App 3.1 and iOS 14.4.1. 

Seems like every other day my app will work. It worked all day yesterday but nothing but base station shows today. Been going on and off like this for 2 weeks. Never has camera appear in app for more than 1 day at a time. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@waynebaron wrote:

Please stop asking for model numbers.  This is clearly an endemic issue.

The reason they ask for a model numbers is that not all models are having this issue and narrowing down will help. I have an Iphone 8 and have no issues.