Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro, Pro2 getting first alert when motion triggers and getting second silent alert when finished?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aekr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to fix double notifications? It’s been over a year of this. The newest release states it fixed some of these issues. Nope. The first alert happens when motion triggers the camera. The second alert happens when the camera is finished recording the motion. First notification sends an audible alert. Second is silent, but the unending amount of pop ups to my phone are enough to drive anyone to throw these cameras out.

Is this going to be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@aekr wrote:
Has anyone been able to fix double notifications? It’s been over a year of this. The newest release states it fixed some of these issues. Nope. The first alert happens when motion triggers the camera. The second alert happens when the camera is finished recording the motion. First notification sends an audible alert. Second is silent, but the unending amount of pop ups to my phone are enough to drive anyone to throw these cameras out.

Per Arlo Mod post here it is now the way it works. The fix you saw was for another double notification not related to this one. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@aekr wrote:

Per Arlo Mod post here it is now the way it works. The fix you saw was for another double notification not related to this one. 

aekr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the update! I appreciate it.

Okay so at this point I should just turn them all off. Maybe instead of upgrading these I look into other camera systems. We were debating going to Ultra or Pro4 but these notifications are terrible. I hope the mods are listening.
dcfox1
Master
Master

The second one w/o the sound at least goes away fairly quick so I don't even notice it unless i am looking at the phone.