Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
steveski_lax
Tutor
Tutor
I have the CVR feature on a always-powered camera on our front porch. Recently the police came and asked to look for footage of a crime committed in front. Although there are some Library entries for certain events in that time period, and green bars in the CVR as well, the CVR recording either: - Does not match with the library clips - Won't play and skips forward to the current time (from 3 days earlier) I have tried this on the web, my iPhone, and my iPad. Clearly the CVR doesn't have the right timestamp. And, it isn't showing me the same thing as recorded in the clips. This is frustrating because I don't know if the CVR is off by some random amount (it isn't an hour fast or slow, that I checked). I am going to cancel if I can't get this to work, as it is a joke.
8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @steveski_lax,

When you mention that the CVR timestamps are not matching with the library clips, is this when you're downloading the library clips from the Arlo app/web client?

steveski_lax
Tutor
Tutor

I have a support case open as well. 

Doesn't matter what the client is. All clients get the same result. The green motion timeline is not in sync with the actual time. For the days we are looking at, it is off by 12 minutes.

There is a recording of motion with a date/time stamp in the Arlo library that is completely not in sync with the actual CVR stream. Again, off by about 12 mintutes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JessicaP , I've had this issue for years now. The recordings show the green line on the timeline but that's not where the actual time is. I've had it vary from a few minutes to nearly an hour behind.

steveski_lax
Tutor
Tutor

A few years? That would make it a feature, not a bug! LOL. I am working with the local police department on some footage for a dog mauling that took place, and it is frustrating and embarassing to basically show that your video system doesn't work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, I suppose I was a bit over the top with my "years" but it's been over a year, as I recall.

You can get there, using the green bar as a starting point but then you just have to slog through the timeline to locate the actual recording. More of a PITA but doable. If you can find it before a show and tell, that would be preferable and would waste less time for the authorities but, yes, Arlo needs to fix this. It used to work properly but hasn't for some time.

Simk1n
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. The timestamp in my library is not the same as on the CVR.

How can it be months and not be fixed? This system is great, but it has bugs. Geofencing is another one, and activity zones.

Netgear, wake up.

Loki2019
Initiate
Initiate
Any luck with this by chance? I also wired in my cameras and pay for cvr monthly as they were missing and cutting off too many motion events. Even so unfortunately having the same issues with the cvr; cutting off, time synch issues etc... I’ve opened tickets, sat on calls with technicians whom had me move cameras, test system on different routers, set up system at different location to no avail. Followed up these calls with written email and more calls and they simply ignore or claim that it is being worked on for years now. Getting to the point I feel a class action to get back the money I’ve payed for a product and service not rendered is my only remedy.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Loki2019,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team regarding the problems you're having with CVR. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.