Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant False Alarms

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
frodo4eva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Community!

I have seen a lot of posts on this issue and have yet to see any kind of resolution.  I get constant false alarms and have tried all the recommendations shown here.   Bottom line - is this fixable or will have to shell out money to buy a new camera (which I think would be really absurd for something that should not be happening).  Would Arlo at least offer something, anything to rectify this?  Clearly its an ongoing problem for many but unfortunately my camera is past warranty period.

Thanks for everyone's input.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't specify what you have tried. Are you changing the sensitivity setting in your modes and rules? Have you removed the camera from Settings, My Devices and resynced it?

frodo4eva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! Thanks for answering. Yes, have even saved the sensitivity to 1 and still has false alarms. Tried re-Sync, reset, take battery in and out, delete and re-install - etc. unfortunately same result 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd contact support using the link at the bottom here.

frodo4eva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately that’s a dead end on this issue.....
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What do these false alarms consist of? When did this issue start occurring?

frodo4eva
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera sends a false alarm every few minutes, usually in intervals of 2-4 minutes. There is no movement or anything when viewing the recording. Started occurring with the last 2 months at most, possibly sooner.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this happening on all of your cameras?

frodo4eva
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, just the one.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@frodo4eva

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ddonalds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I to am getting alarms every 5 minutes.

I have swapped cameras and it is happening on both cameras

I have repositioned the cameras to have a different view but is still happening

I have turned down the sensitivity  with no change

I have recharged, disconnected, rebooted everything but no change

This started about a month ago and is driving me insane!

One thing I have noticed that it seems to be when the sun is shining outside. However as I say, the camera has been in this position for a year with no issues. Could it be the base station?

I have tried to log in to tech support but it wont let me with my pass word - even though I have changed it and can log into this forum and the actual system!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ddonalds wrote:

I have tried to log in to tech support but it wont let me with my pass word - even though I have changed it and can log into this forum and the actual system!

Maybe try calling them.  Phone numbers for various geographies are here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx