Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlopro VMB4000 all of a sudden the streaming quality is very bad

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
applebman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the 2-camera system last week after a B&E to my house. A cop friend recommended Arlo. Well, he's wrong, it's junk. I'm on cable internet, 40GB down / 10GB up. One camera is 2m away from the base, the other is 5m from the base; both cameras have 85%+ power. Audio & video stops, starts, and stutters like crazy. And the cameras frequently lose contact with the base station. I am so disappointed, I just keep saying 'It should be so much better than this.' 

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi applebman,

Has this been an ongoing issue since you set the system up or did this just start happening? Is there a specific time of day this starts happening? It sounds like there may be some interference within your home.

mtmimi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anybody ever come up with a solution ? We just bought the same system and added our 2 old vmb3000 cameras to the system . The new ones transmit, but the old ones won't send a video signal to phone or computer. We can deal with a lag time, but can't get anything transmitted with old cameras. Thinking of putting old base station back in and just trying 2 systems. Any thoughts ??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the old cameras from the old base before adding them to the new base?