Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Peachykeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro base station says it is a VMB4000, but that was not an option to select. Anyway, it has worked fine for well over a year. Now, all of a sudden the streaming quality is very bad. My internet upload speed has not changed, living situation has not changed. I have rebooted my wireless router, reset my base and resynced the camera. Battery is fully charged in the camera and I am set on lowest quality video, where it’s always been. I have a second camera, that was always perfect too, until now. It’s the same way. I have checked my stream while I am at home on my WiFi and also when I am not home and on LTE. I have a ceiling fan in my stream and it’s just very jerky. I leave the tv on for my dogs and you cannot make Head nor tail of what is on the tv. It’s so frustrating as it always worked so well until out of the blue this happened. I’d appreciate any ideas. Thank you. 

28 REPLIES 28
applebman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the 2-camera system last week after a B&E to my house. A cop friend recommended Arlo. Well, he's wrong, it's junk. I'm on cable internet, 40GB down / 10GB up. One camera is 2m away from the base, the other is 5m from the base; both cameras have 85%+ power. Audio & video stops, starts, and stutters like crazy. And the cameras frequently lose contact with the base station. I am so disappointed, I just keep saying 'It should be so much better than this.' 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi applebman,

Has this been an ongoing issue since you set the system up or did this just start happening? Is there a specific time of day this starts happening? It sounds like there may be some interference within your home.

mtmimi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anybody ever come up with a solution ? We just bought the same system and added our 2 old vmb3000 cameras to the system . The new ones transmit, but the old ones won't send a video signal to phone or computer. We can deal with a lag time, but can't get anything transmitted with old cameras. Thinking of putting old base station back in and just trying 2 systems. Any thoughts ??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the old cameras from the old base before adding them to the new base?