Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

My app is freezing, and I can’t use the camera. What to do? I tried deleting the app, but it still dosent work.

25 REPLIES 25
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version? Have you rebooted the phone and tried a different phone or tablet?

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
IOS 15.1.1. Worked fine this morning, but then crashed and now shows the same picture all the time. I tried to restart the app and the IPhone 13.
Mulletmike
Aspirant
Aspirant
The arlo app will not run. I have an IPhone 12 with IOS 15.1.1. I’ve updated the app. Deleted and reloaded the app and it doesn’t work. To add insult to injury, when I contact support it says I’m not entitled to live support?!? I spent over $500 on these cameras I cannot use.
So what is wrong with the app?
Mulletmike
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app opens and stays on the arlo logo. Does nothing else
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mulletmike wrote:
The app opens and stays on the arlo logo. Does nothing else

Odd, as it is working properly on my iPhone 12 mini, which is also running iOS 15.1.1

Is this a new installation?  

Did you uninstall/reinstall the app, or just delete it from the home screen?

Have you checked the permissions in the iPhone settings?

Mulletmike
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is odd. The app started to act up by stalling about a week ago. So I decided to update the app. Once I did that it won’t go past the logo. I then updated the phone and still the same outcome. Delete and reinstalled the app and still the same. I have check the permissions and checked and rechecked. I also tried restarting the phone.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo Mobile app are you using? 

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
The newest I guess. It works on my sons iPhone 11pro but still not mine
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I can't replicate this on my iPhone 13 pro max, if you can provide the Arlo mobile app version by navigating to Settings > About in the Arlo app. 

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
Version 3.5.8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you describe the crashing reference? Is the Arlo app force closing or are your cameras not updating when trying to live stream? Do you have a screenshot you can provide? Does this occur over any other devices or web portal? 

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I open the Arlo app it just show the Arlo logo and then nothing happens. I tried deleting the app and tried turning of my phone. Nothing helps
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What happens if you use another device with your account? 

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works on my sons iPhone.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check your iPhone's settings > scroll down until you see Arlo > Select it and see if you have all the proper settings checked on (green)

Does this occur over WIFI and mobile data?

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything is turned on. Its the same both on wifi and 5G. Dosen’t make any difference.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is your son able to sign in to your phone with their account?

Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
I signed in on his phone with my account.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Oetoft

Correct. I would like to see if your son's account can sign in to your phone/app. This will help determine if it's strictly your phone with the issue since you can sign in with your account on other devices. 

Mulletmike
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can someone from Arlo help me with this?
Oetoft
Aspirant
Aspirant
He dosen’t have an account. I just tried to sign in on his phone. But if i delete the arlo app, it still saves the settings in iCloud and when I reinstall it, it’s all the save. Still showing 99 new notifications.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can try to restore from a previous backup on your iPhone and test again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur on the web portal with your iPhone as well? 

Mulletmike
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I think I figured it out. All of the sudden it started working.
So today I googled “ does arlo use Amazon servers”? The answer is YES. And Amazon servers were down.
This whole experience has me second guessing who I am using for my SECURITY cameras. The main issue was not getting a live person to help me and being told I’m not eligible for a live person. Had I gotten someone live and they told me the servers were down, I would have understood. Instead I was left hanging.
in this todays climate and during the Holliday season, security cameras are really important.